Falcons are ahead of the Jets for the #1 pick

Vladimir L

If we somehow end up with the #1 which i highly doubt then you take Lawrence and make him your #2 QB replacing Schaub for a year or 2 like GB did with Rodgers letting him learn everything to be a pro and the playbook.  Once Ryans contract gets moveable in say 2022 so 2 years you move him and Julio to get the cap back under control and let the lawrence and Ridley era take over for the next 10+ years. 

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

If we somehow end up with the #1 which i highly doubt then you take Lawrence and make him your #2 QB replacing Schaub for a year or 2 like GB did with Rodgers letting him learn everything to be a pro and the playbook.  Once Ryans contract gets moveable in say 2022 so 2 years you move him and Julio to get the cap back under control and let the lawrence and Ridley era take over for the next 10+ years. 

Idk if Lawrence is a guy who’s going to want to sit. Ultra competitive and the general consensus is he’s ready to play right now. I’m sure if push came to shove he’d live with it but Ryan playing the entire year as a lame duck QB isn’t ideal either 

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

If the Falcons want the #1 pick that badly then they should refrain from firing Dan Quinn during the season b/c his coaching will almost guarantee the first pick lol! Late in the first half of last night's game he gave Aaron Rodgers 2 free timeouts to work with and get them a last second TD. Oh and the Falcons didn't get the ball back with much time at all to end the half. 

feel like this gets brought up for a different team each week.  They take Lawrence, hands down.  @scar988, I think they could get a second or third for Ryan if they trade off that contract with it, but I think the cap hit prevents it, so it doesn't matter.  If the falcons got Lawrence, they have the luxury of turning the roster over the next year or two until Trevor took over anyway.  Use the pick, get him chemistry with Ridley, find a future starting WR in the next draft or two for the long haul.  Build the line up with him.   

I mentioned last night in the game thread that they should draft Lawrence, but was told by a Falcons fan that they don't need him and that they currently have the best QB and WR in the division, so there's that. In all seriousness, if they end up in a position to draft Lawrence, I don't see how you can pass on him. He likely gives them a decade plus of quality QB play going forward. The team isn't going anywhere with Ryan in the near future, and Julio Jones at age 31 is going to be overpaid/physically decline by the time they are competitive again. May be best to scrap it and rebuild getting some draft capital in the process with some of their older Vets on the team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I mentioned last night in the game thread that they should draft Lawrence, but was told by a Falcons fan that they don't need him and that they currently have the best QB and WR in the division, so there's that. In all seriousness, if they end up in a position to draft Lawrence, I don't see how you can pass on him. He likely gives them a decade plus of quality QB play going forward. The team isn't going anywhere with Ryan in the near future, and Julio Jones at age 31 is going to be overpaid/physically decline by the time they are competitive again. May be best to scrap it and rebuild getting some draft capital in the process with some of their older Vets on the team.

I hear ya man. I'm a Niners fan and I'd rather be 0-4 than 2-2 b/c I want Lawrence that badly. I haven't seen elite QB level play since Steve Young!

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

feel like this gets brought up for a different team each week.  They take Lawrence, hands down.  @scar988, I think they could get a second or third for Ryan if they trade off that contract with it, but I think the cap hit prevents it, so it doesn't matter.  If the falcons got Lawrence, they have the luxury of turning the roster over the next year or two until Trevor took over anyway.  Use the pick, get him chemistry with Ridley, find a future starting WR in the next draft or two for the long haul.  Build the line up with him.   

I don't think they would trade him for less than a mid-1st.

I would be in favor of the Falcons having pick #1.

Trevor Lawrence is a Georgia native.

Similarly, the Cleveland Cavaliers had their best years of the 21st century when they had a locally-based player on their team, including winning their city's first championship in 52 years.

7 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It gets better, Lawrence's home town is a suburb of Atlanta

Cartersville is a suburb of Atlanta the same way Cookeville, TN is a suburb of Knoxville. It's over 90 minutes away from downtown

1 minute ago, Tetsujin said:

Not quite. Fields is from more of a "suburb".

Marietta is definitely a suburb of Atlanta.

24 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I would be in favor of the Falcons having pick #1.

Trevor Lawrence is a Georgia native.

Similarly, the Cleveland Cavaliers had their best years of the 21st century when they had a locally-based player on their team, including winning their city's first championship in 52 years.

Burrow to Cincy was the same thing

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Cartersville is a suburb of Atlanta the same way Cookeville, TN is a suburb of Knoxville. It's over 90 minutes away from downtown

Marietta is definitely a suburb of Atlanta.

I live not far from Marietta. I've been to Cartersville and Marietta a myriad of times. I'd say Kennesaw or Acworth is probably the northern most suburb of Atlanta. Cartersville has a very different socioeconomic condition is a little too detached from the NW townships. But it is in the Atlanta Metro area.

I think you have a very broad definition of what a suburb is. Cookeville is closer to Nashville than Knoxville.