2021 Draft Thread

John232

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bill Barnwell proposed this trade:

SF send: 2021 1st rounder, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder and Jalen Hurd

NYJ sends: 2021 1st rounder (#2 pick), 2021 4th rounder

Then he has us trading Jimmy G to NE for a 2021 5th rounder

What would you guys think about this? You pretty much then bring back your current free agents like Trent Williams, Verrett, K'waun etc. 

I would do that easy.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think Jimmy nets better than a fifth, but if we are going to make the move, this is probably the cost.

I'd rather see if they would take a player like deebo than this year's second.

*Edit* 

If we get a comp from saleh, I'm hoping we can move Jimmy+ that pick for someone's (NE) second. That makes me more amenable to moving a second this year

I wouldn't want to give up Deebo instead of the 2nd rounder. You have to give the rookie QB as many weapons as possible in year one. Overall the trade isn't bad. Will allow us to re-sign Williams and Verrett if they choose to do so. The roster is still pretty damn stacked even with the pending free agents…. Assuming you bring a decent amount of them back and get rid of Jimmy/Ford. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't want to give up Deebo instead of the 2nd rounder. You have to give the rookie QB as many weapons as possible in year one. Overall the trade isn't bad. Will allow us to re-sign Williams and Verrett if they choose to do so. The roster is still pretty damn stacked even with the pending free agents…. Assuming you bring a decent amount of them back and get rid of Jimmy/Ford. 

I would. Deebo is the fourth option on a team and I'm not sure I pay him when his current deal is up anyway. 

Receiver market is plentiful in both FA and trade and draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would. Deebo is the fourth option on a team and I'm not sure I pay him when his current deal is up anyway. 

Receiver market is plentiful in both FA and trade and draft

Deebo means too much to the offense. Doesn't matter if he is the 3rd option in the receiving game going forward. What he does in the run game and after the catch is a rookie QB's dream. Doubt you get someone as impactful as him with the 46th or 47th pick. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Deebo means too much to the offense. Doesn't matter if he is the 3rd option in the receiving game going forward. What he does in the run game and after the catch is a rookie QB's dream. Doubt you get someone as impactful as him with the 46th or 47th pick. 

*4th option on the offense

Offense has been fine without him in that regard, and he's replaceable. QBs are the problem, not a lack of deebo. 

Just now, Forge said:

Run game, kittle, aiyuk. He's the fourth option on the offense. 

I mean........So he is the 3rd option in the receiving game.

And he improves the run game even on plays that technically don't count as run plays but pretty much are. He was huge in both Rams wins and Pats win. 

I mean we can agree to disagree, but I'm definitely not getting rid of him over a 2nd round pick. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean........So he is the 3rd option in the receiving game.

And he improves the run game even on plays that technically don't count as run plays but pretty much are. He was huge in both Rams wins and Pats win. 

I mean we can agree to disagree, but I'm definitely not getting rid of him over a 2nd round pick. 

Just thinking ahead. If I'm not resigning him if aiyuk is what I think he is,  I'm triaging somewhere. You have to. Same reason I would include mcg in the deal as opposed to a pick (assuming Trent is resigned; you're not paying two tackles nearly 40 million). WR is insanely deep

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Bill Barnwell proposed this trade:

SF send: 2021 1st rounder, 2021 2nd rounder, 2022 1st rounder, 2022 3rd rounder and Jalen Hurd

NYJ sends: 2021 1st rounder (#2 pick), 2021 4th rounder

Then he has us trading Jimmy G to NE for a 2021 5th rounder

What would you guys think about this? You pretty much then bring back your current free agents like Trent Williams, Verrett, K'waun etc. 

Its steep but fair. I think thats similar to what the Chiefs & Texans paid for Mahomes & Watson. Athough i doubt Hurd would have any trade value 

It would suck because we don't have cap space and we wouldn't have many picks either. But a dynamite QB is going to hide a lot of holes. Hopefully we can find some contributors in the mid-late rounds. We've been decent at that at least. 

Interesting that of all the teams, Barnwell proposed for for us to make the trade. Is it just a random thought, or is there buzz going on behind the scenes about the Niners liking Wilson?

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Its steep but fair. I think thats similar to what the Chiefs & Texans paid for Mahomes & Watson. Athough i doubt Hurd would have any trade value 

It would suck because we don't have cap space and we wouldn't have many picks either. But a dynamite QB is going to hide a lot of holes. Hopefully we can find some contributors in the mid-late rounds. We've been decent at that at least. 

Interesting that of all the teams, Barnwell proposed for for us to make the trade. Is it just a random thought, or is there buzz going on behind the scenes about the Niners liking Wilson?

I mean, we scouted him multiple times, including with Peters there.  That has to be meaningful to some degree. 

But nationally, people do not feel the way about Jimmy that fans and some beat writers do

2 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Just a random though. Cap space wouldn't be too bad with Jimmy/Ford off the books. Cap should theoretically go up in 2022 anyways. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just a random though. Cap space wouldn't be too bad with Jimmy/Ford off the books. Cap should theoretically go up in 2022 anyways. 

Ford has to pass a physical first, and he has no reason to help that out knowing we are going to cut him. I'm not sure how back injuries and the like work for that. I'm not taking for granted he passes and his salary is injury guaranteed

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ford has to pass a physical first, and he has no reason to help that out knowing we are going to cut him. I'm not sure how back injuries and the like work for that. I'm not taking for granted he passes and his salary is injury guaranteed

That's for 2021 though no? 2022 he will almost certainly be off the books and the cap space will rise.