The Space Thread

BayRaider

Think we had this a while ago but can’t find it anymore. Anyone into Space, Astronomy, Astrophysics? Basically my hobby outside of Football. Basically Sept-Feb Football, Feb-Apr Draft Prospect Digging, Apr-Sept Astronomy/Astrophysics. 

Just very fascinating to me that we just a small speck in this universe, which is possibly, and likely, unlimited. 

Also a huge fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sean Carroll, Brian Greene, and Michio Kaku. 

I’ll post videos in here at least on a weekly basis that I find interesting. 

I’ll start off with they very likely found life on Venus this week, which is probably bacteria in the clouds as the atmosphere has the same temperature as Earth, while the surface is hellish. 

Venus is the same size as Earth, basically a twin, which probably had Oceans on the surface 700M years ago. The possible bacteria in the clouds could be the last remaining life from other advanced life long ago. I hope one day we can dig under Venus’s surface, although going to be difficult to do with the super hot temperatures. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

we need you to lead it

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

ooo a solar sail!

here's a fun program to keep an eye on if you're into lunar vehicles: https://www.space.com/japan-moon-rover-lunar-cruiser-for-astronauts.html

My "big" program is scheduled to launch next year. Planning a family trip to Florida to watch it live. Expect it will be pretty emotional!

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, BayRaider said:

I’ll start off with they very likely found life on Venus this week, which is probably bacteria in the clouds as the atmosphere has the same temperature as Earth, while the surface is hellish. 

You're referring to the phosphine levels they verified on Venus right (I think they were first discovered a few years ago but verified recently)?  I read that can also be a natural occurrence on gas giants, so a little out of the ordinary for Venus (not a gas giant) but they haven't ruled out that its just naturally occurring yet.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You're referring to the phosphine levels they verified on Venus right (I think they were first discovered a few years ago but verified recently)?  I read that can also be a natural occurrence on gas giants, so a little out of the ordinary for Venus (not a gas giant) but they haven't ruled out that its just naturally occurring yet.  

Everything I’ve watched so far says this can 99% the time only be made from life, but I’m no scientist. It does look very favorable to life so far. And the cool thing is it’s probably the last surviving thing on that planet, Venus likely had Oceans and same exact temp as Earth 700M years ago, and I bet it had a lot of life. Would love to dig under the surface one day.