Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

5 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Exactly. It's black and white and if you can't see that then you're not paying attention between the lines.

No offense, but this is a contradictory statement.  It can't be black and white and between the lines.

2 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Oh lawd. The VIkings need to start winnin' again so y'all stop nit picking statements. You know what I mean. 

It's black and white what's going on with this team IF you were reading between the lines. How much more simplified can I make that for you?

Bored of picking apart the team, so I'm picking apart the English language.

3 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Oh lawd. The VIkings need to start winnin' again so y'all stop nit picking statements. You know what I mean. 

It's black and white what's going on with this team IF you were reading between the lines. How much more simplified can I make that for you?

At a certain point you have to let it go and agree to disagree

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I am having a good faith conversation. If you want to just keep making excuses, go for it. 

But you’re not going to get perfect situations every year. You’re going to have to face some adversity every year. This quarterback AND the coach don’t handle adversity well. 

I’m not making excuses. Losing Hunter Pierce and Barr makes this team worse. The young secondary is going to have growing pains. prior to this game the defense was actually starting to turn it around a bit, leading the leading in 3rd down percentage.

Ultimately blaming Zimmer for the defense giving up 20 pts while the QB throws 3 first half picks doesn’t feel like a fair assessment.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 1

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

If the defense falls apart because they can’t get off the field because the QB has a bad day, that’s not a coaching failure.

Ask yourself, why can’t they get off of the field?

Turnovers don’t make things easy. But the turnover isn’t allowing 10+ drives. 

It’s funny looking at the Texans thread, ppl saying we should be cheering for our favorite team after we beat an equally terrible squad. I’ve never ever wanted to be apart of a fan base of a team that went 1-15, but this is the first time I hope it happens. To finally have a head and shoulders elite Qb in my lifetime will be great.

34 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

It's clear one thing Zim doesn't do well, and its motivate. None of these players are motivated to play for him.

Look at all the younger coaches in the NFL finding success, they are motivators. Players coaches. 

These guys look at Zim as an old drill sergeant, and not their friend/co worker. That whole old school mentality of I am right and the players are wrong no matter what doesn't work anymore, grandpa. 

Oh you stop that!

You’re making too much sense!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Ask yourself, why can’t they get off of the field?

Turnovers don’t make things easy. But the turnover isn’t allowing 10+ drives. 

And I’m not saying coaching isn’t helping, but the defense isn’t playing all that bad for playing two top 10 WR’s, top QB, great RB, and 5 first round offensive lineman. 23-0 of 3 first quarter INT’s and almost a 3:1 time of Possession.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

It's clear one thing Zim doesn't do well, and its motivate. None of these players are motivated to play for him.

Look at all the younger coaches in the NFL finding success, they are motivators. Players coaches. 

These guys look at Zim as an old drill sergeant, and not their friend/co worker. That whole old school mentality of I am right and the players are wrong no matter what doesn't work anymore, grandpa. 

Oh you stop that!

You’re making too much sense!