Week 6: Falcons (0-5) at VIKINGS (1-4)

swede700

14 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Vikings are too loyal to coaches and players.

Rudolph should have been gone a long time ago.

Held on to AP for way too long.

rudolph obviously has his limitations (not a field-stretcher, etc.) but is really good at the things he does well. about the only problem i have with rudolph is the amount he makes, but beyond that he consistently makes plays when thrown to and by all reports is an amazing teammate/community presence. you don't really want to get rid of those types of people unless you have great reason to.

Just now, whitehops said:

rudolph obviously has his limitations (not a field-stretcher, etc.) but is really good at the things he does well. about the only problem i have with rudolph is the amount he makes, but beyond that he consistently makes plays when thrown to and by all reports is an amazing teammate/community presence. you don't really want to get rid of those types of people unless you have great reason to.

I’d say a young athletic TE in Irv Smith Jr is more than enough of a reason. I really care about off the field stuff. It’s about getting the job done.

10 minutes ago, cconocool said:

It was going to be a down year. I don't blame Zim. No preseason and a lot of roster turnover. Get rid of Cousins and draft quarterback. Sets up great for next year. 

Zim and Spielman saw this coming, covid just gave them another excuse to throw out to the media and fans, The Wilf, Zim and Rick are working for 2021 and beyond.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KeithVikings28 said:

I’d say a young athletic TE in Irv Smith Jr is more than enough of a reason. I really care about off the field stuff. It’s about getting the job done.

Obviously things might change if they get new coaches but don't Smith and Rudolph both play quite a bit?

6 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Not the point, it's about allocation f resources. Could get the same production from Smith and use that money toward the Oline

Counterpoint - they could pay Rudolph what he’s making now AND field a competent OL if they didn’t commit all of that money to Cousins and Barr.

both were significantly worse decisions regarding resource allocation.

7 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Oh and Anthony Barr the most overrated player on the entire roster.

False, I personally think he’s been underrated lately by fans. He’s probably not worth what he is probably played, not what we truly expected him to be, but he strikes fear in offenses. He seems to just get in the way of everything on the other side of the offense.