Jets looking to trade RB Le'Veon Bell

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

I seem to recall a certain DE in Jacksonville doing that exact same thing.  Sadly, social media is how people, especially the younger crowd, interact.  It can't be stopped by force.  However, the Jets FO is the issue especially Chrissy and gase.

So let me get this straight.... 3 players in the whole NFL took to social media to force their way out. 2 were Jets and 1 JAX. So still 30 teams are for sure ran better than us... and 1 is still a step above us.

48 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No other team has this issue

Just responding to your absolute post that "no other team has this issue".  They do, even it is only ONE team that we heard of.  I am willing to wager that other teams have some similar issues yet are less exposed because of the NY media.  I certainly understand that the Jets right now are exposed and are a joke, but do not kid yourself that everything is rosy with every other team.

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

That's so true - 2 social media force outs in less than 5 months

What an organization

Did Bell force his way out like JA, or was this just retribution or punitive by gase?  The only thing I heard of was Bell liking tweets from others disparaging the organization.  Hardly, JA like.  Is there something else I missed?

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

Did Bell force his way out like JA, or was this just retribution or punitive by gase?  The only thing I heard of was Bell liking tweets from others disparaging the organization.  Hardly, JA like.  Is there something else I missed?

Wake up and smell the caffe

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I wish him the best. He'll probably sign with Baltimore or NE since we're paying his salary. Him & Adams will be on teams that will go far. 

I didn't expect us to really get anything for him. We didn't make him look good enough for a pick. Other teams knew we weren't going to keep him so they just waited for this moment. Unless Lawrence pulls a Eli Manning (I couldn't blame him if he did), we can start our mocks with him as the #1 pick. 

Ricky that is a strong possibility, Elway & Eli Manning did it with success. It would not shock me at all, what young college star QB would want to come here. The Jets are a place where young QB come to get their future destroyed.

Edited by doumeyer

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Wake up and smell the caffe

I am awake, just not overly emotional.  Tell me, did Bell say something on social media akin to JA wanting out?  I am asking and since you seem to know please enlighten me.  Did Bell get caught on video telling a fan he is trying to get traded? Or anything related to that?  Bell liked some tweets that pissed off gase - FACT.  gase never wanted Bell - FACT. gase neve used Bell correctly with respect to passing usage - FACT.  The most likely assumption (and they are all assumptions unless you or I are in the room with them) is that gase was finally able to convince Chrissy, and to a lesser degree JD, to get rid of him.

So tell me your facts.

Tank for TLaw is in full effect, personally I’m fine with this. LeVeon hasn’t looked nearly as fast as he was in Pittsburgh and we are obviously trying to start over. Wouldn’t be surprised if you see guys like Jenkins, Poole, or Crowder get moved over the next week or 2.

Edited by Dr.O

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

All Bell did was “like” some tweets right? And Gase is saying he “took to social media?” Lol

I don't think so.  Bell probably went ahead and liked some tweets because he knew Jets would move on from him this point.  No team wanting to make a trade for him led Jets to dump him by Wednesday.

If you believe that tweet thing that led Bell to be outcast then Pernie should be gone as well.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Ricky that is a strong possibility, Elway & Eli Manning did it with success. It would not shock me at all, what young college star QB would want to come here. The Jets are a place where young QB come to get their future destroyed.

Right. The worst part is that we continue to let it happen this season instead of firing and giving someone a shot to try to save the season.  

The next coach has to be a home run. No more owners jumping in, no search firms, and etc. Let the GM get his guy. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

All Bell did was “like” some tweets right? And Gase is saying he “took to social media?” Lol

I believe he deleted pretty much all his Jets posts as wel. But yes in theory you're right. His and adams' antics couldn't be more different. I can understand Bell's frustration. I couldn't understand Adams stance besides just trying to force his way out.

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Our two most talented players now gone.  When are we going to get rid of the HC? Whoever replaces "he who must not be named" better have complete control over his staff.

I'd wager a good amount we don't make a good hire. We are the least desirable job in the whole NFL. The 2 HC vacancies right now are WAY more desirable than what "better be our soon."

As I stated the only way we can get lucky in a HC hire is if we come desirable by getting the 1st pick and Lawrence declares. That a HC might take the job bc they "hope" they are coming into a good QB situation for hopefully 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I stated the only way we can get lucky in a HC hire is if we come desirable by getting the 1st pick and Lawrence declares. That a HC might take the job bc they "hope" they are coming into a good QB situation for hopefully 10 years.

Agree 100%.  IIRC, isn't this why we were able to get interviews with Klingsbury, Rhule, Monken, McCarthy and others?  The promise of a good QB prospect (Darnold)?  Our situation should be even better in 2021 -  Potential #1 pick, draft capital, FA capital (in a year when teams will have to dump good players because of the salary cap).  Of course the negative is ownership, at least to some.  

I don't think getting a quality HC candidate will be an issue.  In fact, you could argue the Atlanta situation is worse.  $37M over the cap, old QB, WR chewing up cap space they can't get out of.  At least Houston has a good, young QB even if their cap situation is a little tight, so that might be a toss-up.