Trade Targets

mar29020

31 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not trading our 1st for anybody. We don't know if this team will be 4-12 and picking top 10, or 7-9 & winning the NFC East Division.

But I would part with our 2nd or 3rd round picks if the player was a huge upgrade & could help us contend for the division this season & going forward.

Remember, we could always trade down & recoup picks if necessary next draft.

We NEED another #2 WR for our team to pair with Scary Terry.

If we could land a Michael Thomas or A.J. Green or a player of that caliber, for that cost?

I'd be all over it. It would be huge for Allen & the whole offense right now.

And help us contend for the division this year.

That Dallas win has really clouded your judgement bro. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That Dallas win has really clouded your judgement bro. 

I hate to say it might of clouded mine too,We were the better team vs giants too if Allen doesn't hand them the game then coach goes for 2.Think our schedule is prob easier then the Eagles to finish the year and don't think Giants or Cowboys compete wouldn't shock me if the Eagles game to end season was for the division.Don't think our team is good at all just think the division is worse then what should be humanly possible.
I wouldn't trade anything earlier then a 4th to be honest for anything cause even by the miracle we win the division the road runs into a dead end.

To go higher then that it would have to be a great player we'd be stealing for longer then the year.

Also agree the Saints don't trade Thomas but been a lot of rumors out there including from Peter King that they are willing to listen just don't think the offers will be there with Cap uncertian for next year,as Some Cap experts have projected next year Cap to fall 20 Mil to 175 mil and Saints and Eagles both have 260 mil due for next year already so they need to find way to shred Cap.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I hate to say it might of clouded mine too,We were the better team vs giants too if Allen doesn't hand them the game then coach goes for 2.Think our schedule is prob easier then the Eagles to finish the year and don't think Giants or Cowboys compete wouldn't shock me if the Eagles game to end season was for the division.Don't think our team is good at all just think the division is worse then what should be humanly possible.
I wouldn't trade anything earlier then a 4th to be honest for anything cause even by the miracle we win the division the road runs into a dead end.

To go higher then that it would have to be a great player we'd be stealing for longer then the year.

Also agree the Saints don't trade Thomas but been a lot of rumors out there including from Peter King that they are willing to listen just don't think the offers will be there with Cap uncertian for next year,as Some Cap experts have projected next year Cap to fall 20 Mil to 175 mil and Saints and Eagles both have 260 mil due for next year already so they need to find way to shred Cap.

And we should have plenty to spend for cap next year.

I really think now is the time to be aggressive in the trade market.

We're still in the playoff hunt, some teams are firing coaches & rebuilding & other teams need to shed lots of cap space.

It could be much harder to get these players come the off season when we're competing with the other 31 teams.

Rather than maybe 1/2 the field now, before the trade deadline.

We now may need to look at Eric Reid or another possible SS.

We badly need a #2 wr. 

There's moves to be made for this team.

I just hope Rivera feels the same way.

24 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

And we should have plenty to spend for cap next year.

I really think now is the time to be aggressive in the trade market.

We're still in the playoff hunt, some teams are firing coaches & rebuilding & other teams need to shed lots of cap space.

It could be much harder to get these players come the off season when we're competing with the other 31 teams.

Rather than maybe 1/2 the field now, before the trade deadline.

We now may need to look at Eric Reid or another possible SS.

We badly need a #2 wr. 

There's moves to be made for this team.

I just hope Rivera feels the same way.

I wouldn't give anything up for rental for just this year the player would have to have multiple years left for me to be ok with being aggressive.

I love AJ Green but to get him and then we miss the playoffs I don't see him staying with no long term QB and better win chances out there,Falcons can't trade Julio with way his contract is the Cap hit would all be next year.

Honestly if we don't sign Eric Reid,Rumors the Vikings are trading Harrison Smith would interest me,Keanu Neal from Atl as a cheaper rental wouldn't be bad either at Saftey.

The problem I think for us is the WR Market seems to be all #1 or #4 and #5 WR where we need a #2 or #3.The Te market is mainly just Njoku who they want to much for or Rudolph who doesn't excite me.

• Like 1

They have to see what it will cost to get Njoku. Not just for this season but obviously for the next young QB we inevitably ruin. Let’s get some talent to put around him and build that way. So yes, if we could somehow come out of the trade deadline with Njoku and Will Fuller I’d be stoked. If we can get both while managing to keep our second round pick then I’d do it.

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Wonder what the Texans are looking for in terms of comp for Will Fuller. Can’t be too high because he’s on the last year of his deal. I’d kick the tires on him if we could lock him up for a decent deal. That really it. 

He's hurt a lot and doesnt produce well with a good QB. NO THANKS

I hate this guy, but figured I'd throw it out for you all.

Per Roto:

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports teams have reached out to the Giants about acquiring Evan Engram. 

Per Raanan, the Giants "view Engram as part of their future" despite the team's struggles to get Engram involved in the offense this season. League sources told Raanan that Engram would likely fetch a third or fourth round draft pick. Head coach Joe Judge has spoken positively about Engram in recent interviews. "We're going to keep giving him the ball, keep making him the focal point of our offense, and we expect him to keep showing up," Judge said after Engram's back-breaking dropped pass against the Eagles in Week 7. It was the first time the Giants targeted Engram more than 20 yards down the field this season. It's unlikely the Giants will part with the tight end unless a team comes up with an offer they can't turn down.

Engram should be moved to WR.

I don't really want him, but I wouldn't hate the idea of adding his speed to the offense.

He's the fastest TE in Madden. 😜

Either way, it doesn't matter. I seriously doubt we trade for him. Mara hates Washington.

But Logan Thomas & Evan Engram on the field together would be interesting.

26 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Rumors going around that Jets DT Q. Williams is up for trade.

Presumably asking for a 2nd.

With the greek gone for the year, would you guys entertain offering a 3rd & 6th for him?

Make a strength, even stronger?

We have 2 3rds, btw...and he would be on his rookie contract.

No.  We are stacked at Dline.  Why is this even a question?

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No.  We are stacked at Dline.  Why is this even a question?

The Greek is out for the year & in a contract yr I believe.

Are we going to re-sign him with J. Allen coming up soon?

Williams is in yr 2, of a 5 yr contract. Keep D-line the strength of this team.

And what about Tim Settle?  Are we keeping him?

I like the idea of our D-line blowing up other teams Oline.

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Greek is out for the year & in a contract yr I believe.

Ioannidis is not a FA until 2023.  

5 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Are we going to re-sign him with J. Allen coming up soon?

Resigning him is invalid, he's already under contract.  This is also a silly question, because you're creating the same problem by acquiring another DT. 

7 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Williams is in yr 2, of a 5 yr contract. Keep D-line the strength of this team.

Payne won't be an UFA until 2023 if we exercise his 5 year option.  Allen will be in 2022, but he'll be just 27 years old, I would expect us to resign him.  Guess what, none of these resigning cost us draft picks.  Bringing in Q Williams is a waste of draft picks. 

9 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

And what about Tim Settle?  Are we keeping him?

When we are healthy Tim Settle is our 4th DT.  I would say no.  We can just draft another late round DT for that role.  

10 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I like the idea of our D-line blowing up other teams Oline.

Me too.  So why would we dismantle what we have by giving away one of our guys, then trading draft picks for an unproven player?  Sorry this idea makes absolutely no sense.  

• Like 1