Trade Targets

mar29020

17 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Maybe it's just me, but I would rather have a chance at winning the SB than getting a top draft pick (even if the odds are slim-to-none). Especially this year. You never know if key players will be out with Covid come playoff time. We've already seen Cam Newton miss a game.

I also think the development of the entire offense is being stunted by poor QB play by all 3 of our QBs. We've got receivers running some nice deep routes basically just for cardio purposes. There's no doubt that Fitz would put the young guys in a better position to make some plays and hone some talent. 

It’s not just you, some people think this way but I think it’s been proven during the free agency era - since 1993 - that a one year run for a division title when you don’t have a good to great long term answer at QB is fools gold. We need a long term answer at QB before we should be thinking winning the division. If we don’t have a good to great QB we’ll just be mediocre at best again for the next 5-10 years. Winning the division means we’ll be picking around 20. We’ll miss on the top QB prospects. 

And beyond all that, why do you think Ryan Fitzpatrick can take any team to the Super Bowl? Let alone a team that’s a devoid of talent such as ours at TE, WR, LB and S. 

We don’t have the talent to be a Super Bowl contender. Even if we had an elite QB like Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Brees or Big Ben we wouldn’t be a Super Bowl contender bc our talent around the QB isn’t good enough to help him get there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

Can someone rationally explain to me why Washington should be buying at the trade deadline?

It depends on what they’re buying Woz. If it means trading for young, cheap talent at bargain prices then why not? If we’re talking about parting with high draft picks then I have no interest. I mean, if you could ship Scherff to a contender for a player they don’t need and a pick or Kerrigan to a contender for a young receiver then why not? I still think they could get N’Keal Harry for Haskins. Scherff to the Steelers for a pick and Bennie Snell. Send a late rounder to the Lions for Jarred Davis. Bargain basement deals. 

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It depends on what they’re buying Woz. If it means trading for young, cheap talent at bargain prices then why not? If we’re talking about parting with high draft picks then I have no interest. I mean, if you could ship Scherff to a contender for a player they don’t need and a pick or Kerrigan to a contender for a young receiver then why not? I still think they could get N’Keal Harry for Haskins. Scherff to the Steelers for a pick and Bennie Snell. Send a late rounder to the Lions for Jarred Davis. Bargain basement deals. 

That's more selling than buying, but at least that has some sense to it.

• Like 1

No need to buy at the deadline. Lets ride with our guys and see what we have. The only "buy" opportunities should be from teams who are having fire sales/we could plug a hole for the future. Do not trade assets for rentals, etc.

However, we should kick the tires on Eric Reid at SS. Kam Curl/Deshazor Everett just won't cut it and Rivera's familiarity with Reid/his low cost will could make a reunion realistic.

I don't want to trade for anything unless it super cheap swap of picks thing.
Would like to trade Kerrigan just because I feel like he should be playing more(We can't play him more though with Sweat and Young) so let him get his #s and try to win a ship.

Did have a friend mention a wild one involving us since Saints a Michael Thomas are not getting along since he punched Malcom Jenkins in Practice
Washington gets Michael Thomas
Cincy Gets Washington 2nd and Washington 5th round picks
Saints gets Aj Green Cincy 4th Round Pick

Don't feel we should be trading a high pick but wouldn't complain either there

4 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I don't want to trade for anything unless it super cheap swap of picks thing.
Would like to trade Kerrigan just because I feel like he should be playing more(We can't play him more though with Sweat and Young) so let him get his #s and try to win a ship.

Did have a friend mention a wild one involving us since Saints a Michael Thomas are not getting along since he punched Malcom Jenkins in Practice
Washington gets Michael Thomas
Cincy Gets Washington 2nd and Washington 5th round picks
Saints gets Aj Green Cincy 4th Round Pick

Don't feel we should be trading a high pick but wouldn't complain either there

Michael Thomas is basically the best receiver in the league. He’s not going for anything less than a first. And they aren’t trading Thomas over just cutting Jenkins. 

I'm not trading our 1st for anybody. We don't know if this team will be 4-12 and picking top 10, or 7-9 & winning the NFC East Division.

But I would part with our 2nd or 3rd round picks if the player was a huge upgrade & could help us contend for the division this season & going forward.

Remember, we could always trade down & recoup picks if necessary next draft.

We NEED another #2 WR for our team to pair with Scary Terry.

If we could land a Michael Thomas or A.J. Green or a player of that caliber, for that cost?

I'd be all over it. It would be huge for Allen & the whole offense right now.

And help us contend for the division this year.