Dexter: New Blood - Ep 1

INbengalfan

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't think I can only have one season of this unless it ends absolutely awfully. This season has been fantastic! 

and yet such a departure from the formula of the original series. Extremely well done, they didn't just go back to the well. 

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not ready for it to be over in 3 episodes. Really hope they keep it going for another season.

I always thought it would be poetic for Harrison to be the one to kill Dexter after he found out what he was but it seems they are going with a different direction. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I always thought it would be poetic for Harrison to be the one to kill Dexter after he found out what he was but it seems they are going with a different direction. 

I was under this impression as well but I really hope they don't go this route. I wouldn't mind Dexter molding Harrison like Harry did for him although that's pretty cliche. I do just hope Dexter doesn't die this season and that we keep it going for at least one more. I don't mind Harrison as a character but I don't really like him for a lead of this show. You simply cannot have Dexter w/o Michael C Hall. I think a Harrison series would flop. I hope the show ends w/ Dexter's demise but not any time soon. 

Does anyone really pay attention to writers and whatnot? Who are the people who wrote this season? Were they involved in previous seasons in any way or are they new?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I was under this impression as well but I really hope they don't go this route. I wouldn't mind Dexter molding Harrison like Harry did for him although that's pretty cliche. I do just hope Dexter doesn't die this season and that we keep it going for at least one more. I don't mind Harrison as a character but I don't really like him for a lead of this show. You simply cannot have Dexter w/o Michael C Hall. I think a Harrison series would flop. I hope the show ends w/ Dexter's demise but not any time soon. 

Does anyone really pay attention to writers and whatnot? Who are the people who wrote this season? Were they involved in previous seasons in any way or are they new?

Yeah I agree with that, although I think the molding thing is too cliché like you said for a series like this. When Harrison went after Ethan and his kill list I thought they were going to to the route of having Harrison having that moral compass of stopping the shooting and then turn on Dex when he finds out about all he's done but I think Harrison has more issues than I thought. 

I agree about it continuing as long as these show runners stay on until the end. The showrunners for this season were also there for seasons 1-4 and were upset at how the series ended. 

Not ready for this series to end. Hopefully it gets another season but I'm starting to have my doubts. 

Spoiler

Was hoping Dexter shot Kurt as he was running away so that the last two episodes could focus on Angela cracking his case. I think it has to end with Dexter killing Kurt and either Angela supporting it for her friend or trying to turn him in when Harrison takes her out against Dexter's wishes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Not ready for this series to end. Hopefully it gets another season but I'm starting to have my doubts. 

Hide contents

Was hoping Dexter shot Kurt as he was running away so that the last two episodes could focus on Angela cracking his case. I think it has to end with Dexter killing Kurt and either Angela supporting it for her friend or trying to turn him in when Harrison takes her out against Dexter's wishes.  

Spoiler

Yup.  Angela has to die for this to continue, which could happen

Spoiler reply above

Edited by INbengalfan
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, INbengalfan said:
  Hide contents

With Curt out, there's no way this ends with Dexter alive without Harrison killing Angela right?

Spoiler

A couple ways it could go. Hard to tell how she's gonna react.

Will she think Dexter killed Molly? Or will she side with him upon discovering Curt's underground hall of girls....seeing it as a greater good thing?

Really have no clue how it's gonna end.

14 hours ago, Kiltman said:
  Hide contents

A couple ways it could go. Hard to tell how she's gonna react.

Will she think Dexter killed Molly? Or will she side with him upon discovering Curt's underground hall of girls....seeing it as a greater good thing?

Really have no clue how it's gonna end.

Spoiler

I thought about that angle.  Like she can follow their footsteps down into his bunker and see what he's done.  Especially swhen she sees that he also killed Molly.

They could change it up going forward with him cleaning up messes Batman style, but not in Iron Lake, directed by Angela.  Almost the way Deb tried to use him in that role.