MNF x 2: Cards @ Cowboys

Matts4313

Just now, NYRaider said:

That's not a critique of Murray because they're definitely comparable. Vick was clocked at 4.25 during his Pro Day and had a cannon as well.

Murray is definitely comparable in both aspects though which is why I said Vick by a slight margin. Vick was also just born a decade too early, can you imagine if he was able to play in the modern NFL in a spread type system?

The Eagles version of Michael Vick was about league or above league average with his incredible athleticism remaining. The ATL Vick was a brilliant runner who had heavy inconsistencies as a passer. If you could contain that aspect you could significantly slow that ATL offense down.

12 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I am not impressed with Kyler Murray. Also, glad the announcer called out the terrible officiating with regards to DPIs tonight.

I actually agree. I was gonna wait until the game was over, and I was ready for what I was gonna point out was gonna be met with the usual stupid backlash, but....

Look, I think he looks like a gamer so far. And he's a ridiculous athlete and playmaker. And he can **** it back and launch a missile. But he still needs to develop into a better, more consistent down-to-down thrower of the football if he's going to fulfill his potential. He definitely could, he's only one year in, but I think...in light of there being a kinda, groundswell of "dark horse MVP candidate this year!" hype coming into the season, I think we gotta tap the brakes as far as that kind of hype goes

EDIT - okay FF thinks I'm being dirty but that's not what I mean. When I say he can *blank* it back, I mean...he can "male chicken" it back and launch it. As you might a rifle.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 1

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

For as much crap as Lamar gets for his passing, he’s well beyond this. Got a long way to go. 

I agree. Lamar has shown more than enough to prove his worth without running. If you can stop Murray from running, I’m incredibly curious as to how effective he would be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The Eagles version of Michael Vick was about league or above league average with his incredible athleticism remaining. The ATL Vick was a brilliant runner who had heavy inconsistencies as a passer. If you could contain that aspect you could significantly slow that ATL offense down.

That pass used to highlight Vick is overrated. I see it all the time to showcase his strength, but I've gotta imagine there are better examples somewhere. He had a clean pocket and plenty of time to hop and step right into that throw, and it was 61 yards in the air. Most NFL QBs can do that.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I actually agree. I was gonna wait until the game was over, and I was ready for what I was gonna point out was gonna be met with the usual stupid backlash, but....

Look, I think he looks like a gamer so far. And he's a ridiculous athlete and playmaker. And he can **** it back and launch a missile. But he still needs to develop into a better, more consistent down-to-down thrower of the football if he's going to fulfill his potential. He definitely could, he's only one year in, but I think...in light of there being a kinda, groundswell of "dark horse MVP candidate this year!" hype coming into the season, I think we gotta tap the brakes as far as that kind of hype goes

EDIT - okay FF thinks I'm being dirty but that's not what I mean. When I say he can *blank* it back, I mean...he can "male chicken" it back and launch it. As you might a rifle.

Good thing you are judging him on what is *almost* the worst game of his career.