ESPN: Pace and Nagy likely safe

WindyCity

"Saving jobs in Chicago?

The Bears are 5-1, somehow, and a run to the playoffs could spare not only coach Matt Nagy but also GM Ryan Pace, in spite of the disastrous outcome of the Mitchell Trubisky pick. Most people with whom we've talked think the Nagy/Pace pairing gets another year at least, which means another shot to try to solve the quarterback situation there.

The way the Bears are playing, they aren't going to have a very high pick with which to do it."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30149190/nfl-coach-firings-hirings-openings-2020-latest-rumors-buzz-everything-hearing

Just now, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

The narrative could change dramatically after the next three weeks.  Rams saints titans could expose the obvious flaws of this organization 

I think the flaws are obvious. They have been for years.

Can we still keep winning despite them?

1 hour ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

They will be exposed bad these next three weeks.  

Rams are 4-2, with all 4 wins coming from teams in the NFC East. Saints have looked very un-saints like this season. Titans have a really good offense, but their defense leaves a lot to be desired.

I think we come out of the next 3 games at 6-3

8 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Rams are 4-2, with all 4 wins coming from teams in the NFC East. Saints have looked very un-saints like this season. Titans have a really good offense, but their defense leaves a lot to be desired.

I can see the bears winning against the Rams.  They have played them tough in the past.  Kamara and Henry will run wild against the bears.  I can buy 6-3.  But if the narrative changes that could be enough to make changes. Remember Lovie got fired after a 10-6 season. 

Edited by 41st ward Chicagoian

1 minute ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I can see the bears winning against the Rams.  They have played them tough in the past.  Kamara and Henry will run wild against the bears 

Don't forget, we still have 5 more games against the NFCN. Vikings have been not great this year, and the Lions are still the lions. Pack D has also looked poor so far this season. All we need to do is go .500 the rest of the season and we finish 10-6 - with an expanded 7-team playoff/conference, that should get us in

25 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

I can see the bears winning against the Rams.  They have played them tough in the past.  Kamara and Henry will run wild against the bears.  I can buy 6-3.  But if the narrative changes that could be enough to make changes. Remember Lovie got fired after a 10-6 season. 

Highly Highly doubtful. Unless we lose every game for the rest of the season I dont see that happening. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

The Rams seemingly go soft against hard nosed teams. The Niners played their balls off on Sunday and made the Rams O look terrible. The Bears are playing as nasty as any team this year. Not sure the Bears win, but they certainly have a good chance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I think it will be better than that.

4 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

Pace and Nagy won't get fired after a 10-6 season. 

• Like 1

I honestly never even really entertained the possibility of this happening coming into this season unless it was something truly catastrophic - 3-13 or close to that.  Imo it would take a MAJOR collapse to have them fired this year.  Like only winning 1 or 2 more games the rest of the way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I honestly never even really entertained the possibility of this happening coming into this season unless it was something truly catastrophic - 3-13 or close to that.  Imo it would take a MAJOR collapse to have them fired this year.  Like only winning 1 or 2 more games the rest of the way.

Ehhh, I think you can say that about Nagy, but not about Pace. If the Bears falter in specific ways, I can see Pace gone but Nagy staying. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ehhh, I think you can say that about Nagy, but not about Pace. If the Bears falter in specific ways, I can see Pace gone but Nagy staying. 

Possibly, but I think these two are tied at the hip.  Just curious here, has there been a recent case where a GM got fired but the coach was retained, and that team experienced sustained (say, 3-5 years) success?  

30 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Possibly, but I think these two are tied at the hip.  Just curious here, has there been a recent case where a GM got fired but the coach was retained, and that team experienced sustained (say, 3-5 years) success?  

Not that I can think of.

Doesn't mean ownership wouldn't try it, though.