1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Who Dey?
    • Dey Who?
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • The entire state of Ohio

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I didn't know the stats but I always feel better when I see him under center. If Baker continues to struggle and we are trying to win we maybe should go to hurry up so the defense can't easily disguise things. It's a little gimmicky and stresses the defense but it would work I think for our offense.

We’ve both been beating this drum for 2 years.

It forces defenses to play more base sets and decreases their ability to be creative. 

The fact that we have TE’s who can line up in the slot as well as a dual threat back like Hunt gives us a huge amount of versatility.  You’d think it would be a no brainer.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’ve both been beating this drum for 2 years.

It forces defenses to play more base sets and decreases their ability to be creative. 

The fact that we have TE’s who can line up in the slot as well as a dual threat back like Hunt gives us a huge amount of versatility.  You’d think it would be a no brainer.

At least try it out. It doesn't mean you can't still run the ball. The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls running that kind of offense and Thurman Thomas was a big reason why.

Our defense might get gassed but most of them aren't significantly better than their replacement player anyway.

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

At least try it out. It doesn't mean you can't still run the ball. The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls running that kind of offense and Thurman Thomas was a big reason why.

That’s what I meant with the TE’s and Hunt. We could run anything from a single back with 2 TE’s blocking in a power run game to flexing any or all of them out and going empty and anything in between.  

It forces the defense to run their base personnel group and limit subs.  

13 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Our defense might get gassed but most of them aren't significantly better than their replacement player anyway.

And it’s not like you have to do it every drive or start drives with it.

If you manage a first down or two and the defense has had a breather, crank up the tempo a bit.  If they need more time, don’t.  It’s not rocket surgery.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I really hope D’ernest Johnson gives us good reps this week. We’re still 3 weeks away from Chubb returning.

2 weeks really, he will miss Cincy and Raiders. hopefully he comes back during the bye week to get him ready to play in the next game

15 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

He's been horrible. Dating back to last year.

From shotgun RPO or play action under center:

73% completion. 9TD/4INT. 4 sacks.

Doing anything else:

52% completion. 5 TD/9INT. 20 sacks.

He can not 3 step drop from under center and throw the ball well. He needs misdirection to throw the ball well.

Yeah that pretty much nails it.

You get misdirection from the defense if you make your pass looks identical to the run looks.  Stefanski's run looks are from under center.

Where Baker becomes a detriment is when we are in obvious passing situations.