Vikings DE Danielle Hunter undergoing disc surgery; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

To be fair, no one on our defense knows wtf their assignments are. So they are all slow and out of position.

I thought about that but then you have Aldon Smith, who sat out how long, came right in and has been playing 3 levels better than him. 
It’s part coaching for sure, but I think some of these players just flat out average at best.  It would be nice if we had an actual leaders for the defense beside Tank the Skank and Tyrone Crawfish. 

Stupid “Hotboyz” crap. 

23 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Does Zimmer really think he can survive

"Head Coach Mike Zimmer signed a three-year contract extension with the Vikings, the team announced Friday July 24, 2020
Zimmer's extension places him under contract with the team through 2023"

"The Vikings and General Manager Rick Spielman have agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced August 3rd 2020 "

Kirk Cousins signed a two year contract extension with the Vikings worth $66 million on March 16, 2020. Cousins at the time of signing had one year remaining on his old contract worth $30 million making the total package worth $96 million over three years. $61 million is fully guaranteed at signing

Edited by Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

"Head Coach Mike Zimmer signed a three-year contract extension with the Vikings, the team announced Friday July 24, 2020

"The Vikings and General Manager Rick Spielman have agreed to a multi-year contract extension, the team announced August 3rd 2020 "

Kirk Cousins signed a two year contract extension with the Vikings worth $66 million on March 16, 2020. Cousins at the time of signing had one year remaining on his old contract worth $30 million making the total package worth $96 million over three years. $61 million is fully guaranteed at signing

And?

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a coach is canned a year after an extension

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:39 PM, Shanedorf said:

The part about Cousins kinda justify the firing of both Spielman and Zimmer I think 

On 10/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

And?

Certainly wouldn't be the first time a coach is canned a year after an extension

Can't think of any that were canned 6 months after signing a 3 year extension.

I remember several HCs where they got a 1 year extension to avoid the dreaded lame duck scenario.... and then got canned.
But I am blanking on any HC's that got fired after receiving a 3 year runway.
Its possible there is out-language in the Zimmer/Spielman contracts, but otherwise - they are kinda stuck with each other. Zygi is already taking a revenue hit from COVID, and it would be a tough sell to convince him to pay (2) HCs at the same time.

On the flip side - Zygi has also given Zimmer 5 bites at the OC apple and all 5 have come up short: 
Norv Turner, Pat Shurmur, John DeFilippo, Kevin Stefanski and now Gary Kubiak

33 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Can't think of any that were canned 6 months after signing a 3 year extension.

I remember several HCs where they got a 1 year extension to avoid the dreaded lame duck scenario.... and then got canned.
But I am blanking on any HC's that got fired after receiving a 3 year runway.
Its possible there is out-language in the Zimmer/Spielman contracts, but otherwise - they are kinda stuck with each other. Zygi is already taking a revenue hit from COVID, and it would be a tough sell to convince him to pay (2) HCs at the same time.

On the flip side - Zygi has also given Zimmer 5 bites at the OC apple and all 5 have come up short: 
Norv Turner, Pat Shurmur, John DeFilippo, Kevin Stefanski and now Gary Kubiak

Shurmur and Stefanski both got HC jobs after their work as OC under Zimmer. DeFilippo was a total flop. Turner was okay but they refused to build the personnel to make it work. Kubiak probably deserves a second chance based on his track record, this year has been a disaster for everyone.