Good, bad, ugly vs Tampa Bay

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I'm not giving PG a pass here but players were in position to make plays and they didn't.

That's true Jeff Heath was in position to make a play in man coverage against Chris Godwin. Joyner was in position to make a play in coverage against Mike Evans. And Lawson (5'8" CB) was in position to make a play on an island in the red zone against 6'6" Gronk. Paulie G did his absolute best to put our guys in position, it's their fault that as safeties they can't run with the best WR's in the game in man. And it's Lawson's fault he couldn't stop Gronk. 

PAULIE HAD IT RIGHT!

Or maybe he should actually try to create favorable matchups for our guys, I dunno, just a thought.

Edited by NYRaider

16 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We have no rt literally no rt had to have the te chipping de’s again 

defense held till the 4th

offense just stopped scoring 

we need a rt 

Defense gave up 21 points in the first half.  Defense didn't hold anything.  They crapped the bed.  Everyone knows we can't rely on our defense to help us win.  If the offense doesn't put up 34+ then we are probably going to lose.  Our best defense is our offense running out the clock for as long as possible.  Its ridiculous.

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true Jeff Heath was in position to make a play in man coverage against Chris Godwin. Joyner was in position to make a play in coverage against Mike Evans. And Lawson (5'8" CB) was in position to make a play on an island in the red zone against 6'6" Gronk. Paulie G did his absolute best to put our guys in position, it's their fault that as safeties they can't run with the best WR's in the game in man. And it's Lawson's fault he couldn't stop Gronk. 

PAULIE HAD IT RIGHT!

Or maybe he should actually try to create favorable matchups for our guys, I dunno, just a thought.

That 1 on 1 TD to Gronk with tiny little Lawson on him killed me.  Couldn't believe we left him out there to die like that.  Guenther had to have been drunk as a skunk during the game.  I can't believe how bad he is at something he has spent decades doing.

The defense plays well for periods but overall is bad.  Now we can not change all the players right now but I think we all agree that Guenther brings very little if anything right now to the team.  We need to get rid of him this week so we have a chance to see if Rod can elevate that side of the ball.  We will also see which players are bad and which players are bad because of coaching.  We are a borderline playoff team if everything goes are way but but we are going to have poor defensive games more often than not.  The risk of getting worse on defense with a coaching change is very small and the chance to improve is high.  No reason not to do it right now.  Zero excuse for Guenther to not have come up with something for a QB that has been in the league 20 years with known tendencies when we had an extra week to prepare.  I hope this is not another Del Rio - KNJ situation were Gruden refuses to let Guenther go.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

PAULIE HAD IT RIGHT!

Tampa bay has too many weapons for favorable matchups, the 3rd WR did the most damage.

Miller 106 1 TD

35 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That 1 on 1 TD to Gronk with tiny little Lawson on him killed me.  Couldn't believe we left him out there to die like that.  Guenther had to have been drunk as a skunk during the game.  I can't believe how bad he is at something he has spent decades doing.

Our players are regularly getting abused in horrible matchups. Guenther is clueless and Littleton hinted too it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

He made his name by riding Zimmer/Lewis coat tails. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He made his name by riding Zimmer/Lewis coat tails. 

Gruden doesn't want to get rid of his guy either. If only Mark Davis would out pressure on Gruden's seat, then that would motivate him to get rid of PG.

Ultimately the game was lost when Gruden didn't go for 4th and 1 in the redzone in the 4th quarter. The entire team was done after that

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Defense gave up 21 points in the first half.  Defense didn't hold anything.  They crapped the bed.  Everyone knows we can't rely on our defense to help us win.  If the offense doesn't put up 34+ then we are probably going to lose.  Our best defense is our offense running out the clock for as long as possible.  Its ridiculous.

Not excusing the defense but holding Brady and that loaded bucs team to 24points in the 4th is ok with me especially without arguably our best db abrams. Dline sucked but again we’re not built to shut offenses out we’re a bend not break defense. 

not putting this game on carr cause he played his heart out. But the lack of rt killed us. Parker even almost took out Jacobs by stepping on his foot allowing a sack on carr.

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Ultimately the game was lost when Gruden didn't go for 4th and 1 in the redzone in the 4th quarter. The entire team was done after that

Agreed. Same thing happened against New England when we had a chance to cut the lead to 6 points with a TD but settled for 3 instead.

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not excusing the defense but holding Brady and that loaded bucs team to 24points in the 4th is ok with me especially without arguably our best db abrams. Dline sucked but again we’re not built to shut offenses out we’re a bend not break defense. 

Bend but don't break defense only works if you're able to generate takeaways and gets stops in the red zone and we can't do either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Bend but don't break defense only works if you're able to generate takeaways and gets stops in the red zone and we can't do either. 

Or score points....

we had 10 points by halftime 

a td early in the first Literally only a fg to show for a quarter and a half that’s not gonna do it.

you not gonna shut down Brady unless you have a a1 defense We have a d2 defense holding them to 24 in the 4th is ok imo sure we wanna pitch shutouts but that’s realistically not gonna happen vs that stacked team

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or score points....

Carolina scored 30 on us and has averaged 21 ppg in their other games this season. 

Buffalo scored 30 on us and has averaged 17 ppg in their 3 games since. 

New England scored 36 on us (offense scored 29) and have averaged 9.3 ppg in their 3 games since. 

We literally cannot stop anyone so I agree we have to put up points, but you're never going to have a winning record if your defense allows 30+ every week. 

That's what made it frustrating that we went for 3 instead of 7 in the 4th quarter. Gruden has too much faith in our defense. 

• Like 1