Week 8 GDT: Raiders (3-3) @ Browns (5-2)

NYRaider

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The AFC is tough this year. I think we can go on a big run against our weaker opponents but we need guys back from injury asap. Arnette, Edwards, Incognito, Brown, etc.

The thing is, you are “assuming” they are weaker opponents. Are we better than Indy? Are we better than Miami? Atlanta has blown almost every game last second. We’re not sweeping the Chargers. I also think a sweep on Denver is unlikely, but possible. We played horrible in New York last year, and they almost just beat Buffalo. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The thing is, you are “assuming” they are weaker opponents. Are we better than Indy? Are we better than Miami? Atlanta has blown almost every game last second. We’re not sweeping the Chargers. I also think a sweep on Denver is unlikely, but possible. We played horrible in New York last year, and they almost just beat Buffalo. 

hmmm we may not beat them but yes they are weaker than TB, KC, Buff and the Saints. 
are schedule 100% gets easier. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

hmmm we may not beat them but yes they are weaker than TB, KC, Buff and the Saints. 
are schedule 100% gets easier. 

Agreed, but just because we had a tough schedule doesn't mean we are better than those teams, we will certainly find out though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed, but just because we had a tough schedule doesn't mean we are better than those teams, we will certainly find out though. 

yeap definitely agree with that. 
we have played up to our level of competition so far this year (to a point)
we will see what happens when we play lesser teams, could def match their level of play... could possibly be what happened against NE

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

yeap definitely agree with that. 
we have played up to our level of competition so far this year (to a point)
we will see what happens when we play lesser teams, could def match their level of play... could possibly be what happened against NE

Exactly. Teams play up and down to each other all the time. 

• Like 1

All hypotheticals. Let’s assume:

- We lose to KC

- Split with LAC and DEN (I think a split with Denver is more likely. Incredibly tough place to play in both September and December. And when’s the last time we swept Denver, 2010?)

- Beat the Jets (although people should not assume this is a gimmie, it’s not)

- Split with Indy and Miami

- Beat Atlanta (also not a gimmie at all, but I like the matchup)

That’s 8-7. 

This game against Cleveland is crucial. And personally it doesn’t look too good on paper. That DL is nasty. Offense has been scoring 30+ on every bad defense. They are a solid football team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This game against Cleveland is crucial. And personally it doesn’t look too good on paper. That DL is nasty. Offense has been scoring 30+ on every bad defense. They are a solid football team. 

They're going to put up 30+ points against us, we just have to hope our offense plays well too. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All hypotheticals. Let’s assume:

- We lose to KC

- Split with LAC and DEN (I think a split with Denver is more likely. Incredibly tough place to play in both September and December. And when’s the last time we swept Denver, 2010?)

- Beat the Jets (although people should not assume this is a gimmie, it’s not)

- Split with Indy and Miami

- Beat Atlanta (also not a gimmie at all, but I like the matchup)

That’s 8-7. 

Baker is a bum and we need to harass.  Our D is such garbage though I doubt that happens though. 

You're right in that their DL is nasty.  I hope Brown can suit up at RT.  

What's the status of Richie I?  I'm too lazy to look it up lol 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Baker is a bum and we need to harass.  Our D is such garbage though I doubt that happens though. 

We need to get pressure and Trent Brown needs to play. 

Those two simple things probably won’t happen though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Cleveland struggled offensively against the elite defenses of Pittsburgh and Baltimore. But they have feasted against bad teams, in their 5 wins they're averaging 37.5 ppg. They're going to put up points against us.