Which team is better?

DalCowboyzRule

Who are you taking in a best of 7?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Team A or Team B?

• Team A
    • Team B

Friend and I were bored at work and did a fantasy style draft where we had to draft players all time from the Celtics and Pacers. You get the player how they played for that team at the time (for example, we could have taken Shaq but we would have gotten Celtics Shaq and not prime Shaq).

Team A

PG Dennis Johnson | Jo Jo White
SG Reggie Miller | Ray Allen | Sam Jones
SF Larry Bird | Paul George
PF Kevin McHale | Antonio Davis
C Robert Parrish | Jermaine O'Neal | Dale Davis

Team B

PG Bob Cousy | Rajon Rondo | Isaiah Thomas
SG John Havlicek | Ron Artest
SF Paul Pierce | Danny Granger | Cedric Maxwell
PF Kevin Garnett | Antoine Walker
C Bill Russell | Dave Cowens

Yes, we're ready for the regular season to start.

Team A in a landslide. Team B's biggest strength is that 4/5 defensive wall, but Team A has one of the absolutely greatest low post scorers in NBA history in McHale. Team A has the best player between the 2 (Larry) and then two of the greatest shooting guards and shooters this game has seen. That bench is nasty too. White, Allen, George, the Davis's, and then Jermaine?

Either you or your friend is a genius DCR. Who drafted Team A?

What's interesting is that everyone is saying A by a mile and I agree. Yet if you were to look at the starting lineups and say which would be ranked higher on an all time list per position B would probably take 4 out of 5 (Bird over Pierce being the obvious place A wins).

The biggest thing for me is that B's strong point is front court defense, but that is fairly meaningless against a team with Bird, Miller, and Allen. I, and I think everyone else, are assuming modern rules, or at least a 3 point shot. If there is no 3 then things change.

Archived