Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/18/tiki-barber-new-york-giants-signing-kenny-golladay-would-be-stupid/

Tiki Barber thinks it would be "stupid to sign K. Golladay."  

Really?...This guy is still talking...haha.  I remember when he was bashing Eli, the year prior to the team winning the super bowl their first year without him.  Which I still laugh at this clown for saying what he did back then. 

• Like 1

If we weren't sure when the meeting was happening.

Hopefully, they don't let him out of the building without a signed contract.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/kenny-golladay-set-to-meet-with-new-york-giants

Kenny Golladay Set to Meet With Giants on Thursday Afternoon

Former Lions star wide receiver Kenny Golladay is set to meet with the New York Giants on Thursday afternoon according to Josina Anderson. The meeting is expected to last into Thursday night. 

The Giants and Bengals are the two teams competing for Golladay's services. The 27-year-old is reportedly mulling a one-year deal that Cincinnati offered him. New York is trying to get him to agree to a multi-year contract. 

Golladay's market wasn't as big as he expected, partially because of the drop in salary cap, but health is also a factor. He only played in five games last season due to hamstring and hip injuries. 

In may be in his best interest to take a one-year deal with the Bengals, show he can stay healthy and test the market again in 2022 when the cap rises. 

He reportedly loves the idea of playing with Joe Burrow and Bengals fans are hoping Golladay decides to sign with Cincinnati

For the latest free agency news, bookmark AllBengals and check out some of our other articles below.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure if this is the Giants just adding more talent for Jones or if this means that Engrams days are numbered in Blue.  

Not sure how they'll be able to afford Golladay after spending such a large amount on Rudolph.

3 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure if this is the Giants just adding more talent for Jones or if this means that Engrams days are numbered in Blue.  

Not sure how they'll be able to afford Golladay after spending such a large amount on Rudolph.

You know the cap can always be nudged. We don’t know the guarantees or any contract details. It can all be fluff.

4 minutes ago, Acgott said:

You know the cap can always be nudged. We don’t know the guarantees or any contract details. It can all be fluff.

Perhaps...at least I hope so.  Most of the contracts we've signed to date have been fully guaranteed.  

Just now, Acgott said:

Most have been just 1 year right?

I believe so...Dave is scared to sign anyone long term I think...haha.

I think Kyle brings better pass blocking and can certainly catch better than Evan, but this just seems like a lot of money considering our cap situation and his age.  I think Kyle can still play at a high level, but it's just a head scratcher for me.  

Unless they are planning on running a heavy two tight end set or unless there has been a preliminary trade worked out for Engram that we haven't seen yet.  We certainly needed a pass blocking TE, just didn't view this need as high as the team did.

Now if the team can afford his contract without it preventing us from signing a receiver or other positions of need I'm good with it.  Just fear that this signing is costing us at least ballpark of 6 million this year.