Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

We needed a proper nose tackle, and Ellis is a 350-pound monster (who lettered at track in high school according to Wikipedia). At 31 he's no spring chicken, though. I'd still like to draft Ridgeway, or Marquan McCall if he's available in the 6th.

Edited by y*so*blu

Any signings worth getting excited about.  Haven't had much time to track what's going on.

From what I've heard most of the guys brought in have a relationship with the GM.  

Also seems like we a over spending on some players like qb, te, ol.  

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Any signings worth getting excited about.  Haven't had much time to track what's going on.

From what I've heard most of the guys brought in have a relationship with the GM.  

Thoughts?

Nothing to get excited about, we did that last year. This is clear rebuilding. We have no money to overspend.

The TE has a 1 year deal for $1M. Glowinski was at market value. Tyrod Taylor is more than I like, but it’s what he made last year.

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Nothing to get excited about, we did that last year. This is clear rebuilding. We have no money to overspend.

The TE has a 1 year deal for $1M. Glowinski was at market value. Tyrod Taylor is more than I like, but it’s what he made last year.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Thoughts?

If there's anybody we missed out on it's Morgan Moses IMO. The money that went to Tyrod could have gone to him instead (he joined Baltimore for 3 yrs and $15 million). But Jones' health and the Glennon/Fromm catastrophe kind of forced us to shell out for a quality backup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

If there's anybody we missed out on it's Morgan Moses IMO. The money that went to Tyrod could have gone to him instead (he joined Baltimore for 3 yrs and $15 million). But Jones' health and the Glennon/Fromm catastrophe kind of forced us to shell out for a quality backup.

I would have preferred us signing Moses over Glowinski. Cheaper, better, and plays a more important position. Had no idea he'd be that cheap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I would have preferred us signing Moses over Glowinski. Cheaper, better, and plays a more important position. Had no idea he'd be that cheap.

Eh? I like to think this GM is done with the Giants and the stopgap RT's.  We have a young quality LT now we are (most likely) going to draft a young quality RT. 

3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Eh? I like to think this GM is done with the Giants and the stopgap RT's.  We have a young quality LT now we are (most likely) going to draft a young quality RT. 

That would be ideal. But it's hard to address the whole line in one year with all the other needs we have. And as stopgaps at his position go, Moses is pretty damn good.

As it stands now we still need a good guard, a good tackle, and a good center. 

Edited by y*so*blu

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

That would be ideal. But it's hard to address the whole line in one year with all the other needs we have. And as stopgaps at his position go, Moses is pretty damn good.

As it stands now we still need a good guard, a good tackle, and a good center. 

We have our stopgap center from the Bills. All we need from this draft for the o-line is a good RT and a good Guard.

The Giants signed a backup tackle, plus we still have Matt Peart coming back at some point, with the new drafted RT we should be fine.

We got a starting guard and signed at least one backup guard (that I believe can also play center) and still have Shane Lemieux.  We draft another Guard should be fine there.

At Center we get the guard from the Bills whom is at his best at Center, I am not counting on Nick Gates coming back this year. We have the backup that can play both, Center and Guard. I think we are okay there if the Giants want to use a late round pick at center for more added depth I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Go_Giants

On 3/24/2022 at 9:40 AM, minutemancl said:

Better is debatable. They are both pretty average, but you can’t argue with Cheaper and more important position. It’s pretty obvious this team is wanting to draft a OT in the top 10.

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Better is debatable. They are both pretty average, but you can’t argue with Cheaper and more important position. It’s pretty obvious this team is wanting to draft a OT in the top 10.

If their reported interest in Cross is real, they may be betting on the (very likely) case that at least one of Neal, Ekwonu, Cross are available at 5 and they'll take their favorite or whoever is there.

Hard to imagine a case where all 3 are gone by 5. Hutchinson is going to be the #1 pick, so that would mean they'd have to go 2-4.