Giant Tidbits: Random team discussion & rumors

y*so*blu

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

If their reported interest in Cross is real, they may be betting on the (very likely) case that at least one of Neal, Ekwonu, Cross are available at 5 and they'll take their favorite or whoever is there.

Hard to imagine a case where all 3 are gone by 5. Hutchinson is going to be the #1 pick, so that would mean they'd have to go 2-4.

You could honestly make a case that all three teams could use a tackle. 

5 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

You could honestly make a case that all three teams could use a tackle. 

I agree with the Texans and Jets. I don't agree with the Lions. Taylor Decker is a good tackle, he's 28, and signed a 5 year extension less than 2 years ago. They just took Penei Sewell last year, who was an excellent prospect and really started to come into his own at the end of last year. They have as little need for a tackle as any other team in the league.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I agree with the Texans and Jets. I don't agree with the Lions. Taylor Decker is a good tackle, he's 28, and signed a 5 year extension less than 2 years ago. They just took Penei Sewell last year, who was an excellent prospect and really started to come into his own at the end of last year. They have as little need for a tackle as any other team in the league.

I thought I read they were trying to move Decker 

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

So if we are hell bent on finding a Jones replacement why not send a fourth to Green Bay for Jordan Love. 

We aren’t hell bent on finding a Jones replacement this year and what has Love done to deserve to be traded for? We can just use that 4th on a player, who would be cheaper and have a longer contract. The only reason to trade for Love is if they thought he was substantially better than would was available, and Love hasn’t shown that, outside of being drafted in the first.

• Like 2

The Giants have worked out Chattanooga center Cole Strange and met with Baylor safety Jalen Pitre.

We still have the least available cap space of any team in the league (I WISH that were an April Fools joke), and need to free up $16 million in order to have a draft. Hopefully Schoen has gotten the memo.

Giants dead last in available cap space, need $16M for draft class (usatoday.com)

Edited by y*so*blu

On 4/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, y*so*blu said:

The Giants have worked out Chattanooga center Cole Strange and met with Baylor safety Jalen Pitre.

We still have the least available cap space of any team in the league (I WISH that were an April Fools joke), and need to free up $16 million in order to have a draft. Hopefully Schoen has gotten the memo.

Giants dead last in available cap space, need $16M for draft class (usatoday.com)

I love Jalen Pitre. Dude is so smooth that it sometimes looks effortless for him. There are a few reps from Senior Bowl practices that look like a high schooler covering a toddler.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:18 PM, ny92mike said:

Starting a draft only mock on the 9th if anyone is interested in helping me out or if we want to run it as a group.  Also happy to pass the torch if someone else would rather play the role as GM.  

New York Giants general manager Joe Schoen has not exactly been hiding his desire to acquire additional 2023 NFL draft assets. In fact, he’s publicly stated that he’s very much open to such potential trades.

At least one NFL executive agrees with that approach. In fact, they believe it would be “malpractice” if the Giants didn’t trade back in the 2022 NFL draft in order to acquire an additional 2023 first-rounder.

This is what I've been saying for weeks. The draft is rich in almost every position but QB, and unless Daniel Jones makes a miraculous turnaround that will be our biggest need in 2023.

• 2 weeks later...

This makes the fifth TE we've picked up at Wal-Mart (the others being Seals-Jones, Hausmann, Myarick and Rysen John). Between that and the fact that Daboll's scheme doesn't rely heavily on the position, I think it's unlikely we draft one at all in '22.

We don't know who the other four guys were yet, but Hall and Asamoah are exciting enough. Asamoah in particular has great leadership, a mean attitude, and a motor that never stops. A sideline-to-sideline guy.

• 2 weeks later...