Week Ate: Minnesota @ Green Bay

incognito_man

Multiplicative Inverse of GB Margin of Victory  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the multiplicative inverse of GB's MoV?

• greater than or equal to 0.1
    • less than or equal to 0.0417
    • Other (lame)

PackersWire -  Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur confirmed cornerback Kevin King suffered a setback in his recovery from a quad injury.

King, who initially suffered the injury in Week 4, has missed the last two games. He looked on track to return last week, practicing on both Wednesday and Thursday, but the Packers held him back on Friday, suggesting a setback. He was inactive against the Houston Texans.

35 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Not looking past the Vikings to the Niners.  No, I’m not.  Maybe a little.  Damn, now I’m nervous.

Better not be.  We'll be down King and they have a dangerous passing game.
Nowwwwwwwww.....we *should* light their defense up like a Christmas tree.....but who knows.
We could use production from somebody other than Adams in the WR ranks. Hopefully this week.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

PackersWire -  Green Bay Packers coach Matt LaFleur confirmed cornerback Kevin King suffered a setback in his recovery from a quad injury.

King, who initially suffered the injury in Week 4, has missed the last two games. He looked on track to return last week, practicing on both Wednesday and Thursday, but the Packers held him back on Friday, suggesting a setback. He was inactive against the Houston Texans.

Dang it, King!  You are supposed to ball out in your contract year!

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Better not be.  We'll be down King and they have a dangerous passing game.
Nowwwwwwwww.....we *should* light their defense up like a Christmas tree.....but who knows.
We could use production from somebody other than Adams in the WR ranks. Hopefully this week.

I'm always a little skeptical before games.  Vikes usually play us tough.  I think if we feel like they are a "soft" or "easy" team to beat, we are in for a tough game.

But if we show up expecting a tough game, and are physical on the DL, then we should have this one.

No doubt Zimmer has studied week one at nauseum.  We will need to do some different things.  And I think we handed the ball off more in week one on jet motions than we have the entire rest of the games combined.  Maybe we get back to that.

Ryan Wood -

Packers K Mason Crosby (left calf/back) did not join team outdoors for practice in early periods. We’ll see what he’s listed as after not practicing Wednesday. Kevin King (quad), Aaron Jones (calf) and Marcedes Lewis (knee) did not practice in pads today.

Packers LT David Bakhtiari (chest) practiced for second straight day. Bakhtiari did individual drills in pads. Allen Lazard (core) and Christian Kirksey (shoulder) also practiced in pads today and were able to do individual drills. Good sign both are progressing well on IR.

Hope the Packers activate Lazard for this game. For one, I'd like to see him knock any rust off before the Niners game next week instead of that game being his first one back. Second, even against the Vikings, because we'll be down Aaron Jones again, having Lazard out there would help so we're not depending on Adams to catch another 25 receptions in order to have a passing attack. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Honestly as much as it sucks King is hurt, that’s huge as far as our chances of re-signing him.

If he’s smart he will go for a one year extension.  We don’t have much cap next year, and he didn’t get a great chance to shine.  Helps us both out.

I thought that too, but I'd love to see us extend him for at least 2 years because it should give us the time to develop his replacement and we can always backload the contract, rather than frontload it.

Just now, Joe said:

I thought that too, but I'd love to see us extend him for at least 2 years because it should give us the time to develop his replacement and we can always backload the contract, rather than frontload it.

Yeah, I said if HE is smart.  But I agree.  If we extended him to three years right now that would be a steal.  With us or someone else, his best decision this offseason is to sign a one year deal.

King is VERY capable of having the type of breakout year Jaire is having.

I think in a lot of schemes he’s already had that breakout season.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I said if HE is smart.  But I agree.  If we extended him to three years right now that would be a steal.  With us or someone else, his best decision this offseason is to sign a one year deal.

so then what are we waiting for?

36 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hope the Packers activate Lazard for this game. For one, I'd like to see him knock any rust off before the Niners game next week instead of that game being his first one back. Second, even against the Vikings, because we'll be down Aaron Jones again, having Lazard out there would help so we're not depending on Adams to catch another 25 receptions in order to have a passing attack. 

This is GB. I'm expecting him to miss this game and the Niners game. Probably makes his return after that

10 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is GB. I'm expecting him to miss this game and the Niners game. Probably makes his return after that

They didn't do that with St. Brown though. Activated him the same week he came back. Lazard looks ready. Reports are that he's doing everything in practice. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

For his career, how many games has he played and how many has he missed.  Can you actually say this guy is "available"?  Caution on re-signing him.

• Like 2