Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

No - in fact, there's a saying you might not know that explains why you're not right: Correlation doesn't equal Causation.

You're bringing up irrelevant factoids - the guy tried to dance, the guy dated an owners' daughter - to justify a stance. Truth is, that stance could come true, but it has nothing to do with your factoids. 

Drew Lock might fail because his Football IQ isn't where it needs to be at this point, or he might fail because he trusts his physical skills more than he should. That has nothing to do with what you tried to pass off as actual analysis

Did you see his actual dance moves? They were turrible

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Outside of completion percentage, yards/attempt, yards/completion, touchdowns, QBR, standard QB rating...

Ignore ALL of that, then... Yeah, I guess?

All of those are relatively close.

Jeff 59.7% comp 1003 yds 6 tds 2 ints 5.7 ypa and 82.2 PR

Lock 64.1 comp 1020 yds 7 tds 3 ints 6.5 ypa and 89.7 PR.

Not sure big enough difference to suggest it's crazy to ask.

That Texans game prettied up Lock's numbers, Jeff didn't have one of those. Js. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

tom brady GIF

This, right here - is the greatest QB in NFL history dancing at Carnival. Drew Lock can't be a worse dancer than this.

Oh he is. But no amount of mental gymnastics is going to stop this kid from being a bust. Thats just the harsh reality of this world, you're either a winner or loser, cool or uncool, there's really nothing you can do to change it. You can change your hair, change your clothes, your posture, those men in that lockeroom ain't gonna follow you if you're not a born leader.

Edited by Kirill

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nick Mullens comes in for Jimmy G and leads 3 TD drives, but it's not enough. That's all you need to know about Jimmy G.

Max potential Jimmy will probably always still be better than max potential Mullens. Jimmy's ankle injury seems a lot worse than originally thought to be. Jimmy might be crumbling mentally too. We'll see. That game against the Eagles tells us all we need to know, or already knew about Mullens. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

In 7 games this season Drew Brees (despite allegedly being "washed up") now has:

A QB Rating of 106.5

On pace for about 35 touchdowns

Also on pace for over 4,300 yards passing

Has had multiple touchdowns in 6 out of 7 games this season

All while having the 6th hardest SOS according to Pro Football Reference, and missing Micheal Thomas for 6 of 7 games played, and not having Emmanuel Sanders for multiple weeks as well. It may not always be pretty, but he's getting the job done still.

51 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

In 7 games this season Drew Brees (despite allegedly being "washed up") now has:

A QB Rating of 106.5

On pace for about 35 touchdowns

Also on pace for over 4,300 yards passing

Has had multiple touchdowns in 6 out of 7 games this season

All while having the 6th hardest SOS according to Pro Football Reference, and missing Micheal Thomas for 6 of 7 games played, and not having Emmanuel Sanders for multiple weeks as well. It may not always be pretty, but he's getting the job done still.

I'm waiting for defenses to start pressing a little harder against the LOS. Serious question, I haven't looked it up. How many throws of 15+ yards has Brees thrown? 25+?

I know Kamara is on a record catch pace for a RB.

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm waiting for defenses to start pressing a little harder against the LOS. Serious question, I haven't looked it up. How many throws of 15+ yards has Brees thrown? 25+?

If I'm not mistaken, oddly enough I think Brees has thrown more long completions (35+ air yards) this season then has had all of last season and the season prior. In 2018, he went 1 for 8 on deep balls, and in 2019 he went 0 for 5 on deep balls (35+ air yards). I think he has 1 or 2 completions that traveled 35+ yards this season. In general though he has been doing more check downs than usual, but I think that is largely due to Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders missing significant time this season and having Kamara be the main focal point of our offense with them out of the lineup. This has essentially been our style of offense for the past 3 years, so I don't know that pressing the LOS harder is going to accomplish much as teams have undoubtedly caught on to our style of play by now.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

This should help a little with that:

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/drew-brees/

His "Air Yards per Attempt" is 5.5 - ranked 37th among QB's.

• Like 1