Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm glad they left it at 8 seconds. That's when Balt was getting lined up. They shouldn't get more time because of an injury timeout.

I agree with that logic that the Steelers don't have to stop the clock until the Ravens are ready.

I'm not sure NFL rules ever follow logic and I have no idea how the actual rule is written.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

doesnt matter, contact to the head is a penalty. untimed down at the 1 but it's too much to expect these referees not to gift the steelers the W after everything they did today for em

How would a personal foul give them an untimed down at the 1?

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

This makes no sense. How do you know in that instance the Steelers don't call timeout right before Jackson hikes it? You can't assume when the Steelers would have called a timeout.

What do you mean? You don't get to pick and choose when to use the injury timeout. It's forced when the ref notices the injury. The Ravens got hosed and I hate the Ravens.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Minkah was clearly going for the interception and got there first. If there helmets hit then it was purely coincidental.

No, if their helmets hit it was Snead's fault.  Minkah had already established his position and jumped in place for the ball.