2021 MLB Offseason Thread

beekay414

3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Gerrit Cole, Luis Severino, Corey Kluber, Domingo German, Jordan Montgomery.... not a bad rotatiom right there. 

Severino's not due back till mid-season so, he's gonna need time to get going. 
Kluber's not pitched much since 2018.....so, we're hopeful. 
Add in some combination of:
Devi Garcia
Clarke Schmidt
Michael King

Edited by Leader

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Severino's not due back till mid-season so, he's gonna need time to get going. 
Kluber's not pitched much since 2018.....so, we're hopeful. 
Add in some combination of:
Devi Garcia
Clarke Schmidt
Michael King

Yankees seem to think Severino wont be available until June or July at latest. But also said that Tommy John takes 14-15 months. That doesnt make sense mathematically... he had surgery at end of February. So that means he would be looking at an end of April he could possibly start throwing simulated games. He could possibly come back in May if everything goes well. 

Id fully expect Devi Garcia to hold his place in the rotation for the first few months.

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Yankees seem to think Severino wont be available until June or July at latest. But also said that Tommy John takes 14-15 months. That doesnt make sense mathematically... he had surgery at end of February. So that means he would be looking at an end of April he could possibly start throwing simulated games. He could possibly come back in May if everything goes well. 

Id fully expect Devi Garcia to hold his place in the rotation for the first few months.

Sevy's a power pitcher. It's going to take him time to get up to speed and I expect the NYY to take all the time necessary....and agree that its time for Garcia to get plugged in to the starting rotation. I hope he's up to it.

The thrust of my comment was that the staff is very much a work in progress - moreso than "sure thing" arms that are guaranteed to give us innings.

On 1/16/2021 at 9:17 AM, Leader said:

Sevy's a power pitcher. It's going to take him time to get up to speed and I expect the NYY to take all the time necessary....and agree that its time for Garcia to get plugged in to the starting rotation. I hope he's up to it.

The thrust of my comment was that the staff is very much a work in progress - moreso than "sure thing" arms that are guaranteed to give us innings.

And now Yankees in talks to obtain Luis Castillo... its about time we went all out on starting pitching.