2021 MLB Offseason Thread

beekay414

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You're a bleeping SPORTS WRITER. You're half a step up from the tabloids guy. Who the hell do you think you are lol.

Hey now..... lets not group all sports writers together. Obviously that dude (not even gonna repeat his name) is an idiot and one of the bad ones, but there are a lot of good sports writers that do tremendous work. Can't really speak for baseball writers as I fell off the bandwagon as a fan of my team and more importantly the sport itself, but I know for the other sports I follow there are plenty of great writers who put a lot of work into what they do and have good analysis. Usually you find most of them on The Athletic or smaller websites instead of national guys, but they are out there too.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Again, gee, I wonder why the ******* sport is dying.

Welp... can't disagree with you there lol. Baseball deserves the decline they've suffered over the years.

Imagine how bad the decline will get when the baby boomer generation starts to go.... yikes.

MLB really doesn't have anyone to blame, but themselves for the most part too. They are like dinosaurs compared to other leagues.

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Imagine being too cheap to sign an NPB star. 

Baseball is broken. They need a salary floor and, at minimum, it should be what NHL salary caps are. If NHL owners can spend $80 Million on their teams, there's no reason baseball owners can't.

• Like 5

Last year was bad, this year so far is an absolute joke considering yes the teams "took a bath" but  it's likely that all the owners made money if you factor in their other financial interests and general boom in the financial and banking sector during COVID so I really don't wanna hear about how cash strapped they are.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Speaking as a Giants fan who grew up in that era...even I still love Tommy. Like you said....just an absolute legend of the game with the personality to match. 

You want a good laugh? Hit up youtube and search Tommy Lasorda and mascots. His run ins with the Phanatic and the Expos mascot, who he had kicked out of the game for hanging out on the roof of the Dodgers dugout are all time greats. With the Phanatic and the quad and the doll are great. 

• Like 2