Colts at Lions

diehardlionfan

The Lions head into the game riding a two game winning streak. That’s right, two games!

The Colts are good defensively so it’s going to be a good test for the oline and running backs. They aren’t bad against the pass either. It will be a test for Stafford and the receivers as well.

On defence we will see if the play is improved or if they simply went up against poor teams. I expect we shall see the improvement continue. They started to have some swagger and many fundamentals improved after the bye week especially tackling. So if they limit the run and force Rivers to throw, well, anything is possible.

Home field, some confidence, new found swagger, a chance to move above .500.

Lions win this.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Error
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

We beat the Rivers-led Chargers in 2019. Is this Colts team same, better or worse? 

It feels like the Chargers offense had more weapons top of mind but KA and MW are always hurt, so I don't know/remember if they were in the game or not. 

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't find it relevant either way really.

The Colts D worries me. Decker is nursing a shoulder. Honestly, Stafford hasn't been particularly accurate this year thus far. Pass protection needs to be solid or we could get blown out.

26 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

The Colts D worries me. Decker is nursing a shoulder. Honestly, Stafford hasn't been particularly accurate this year thus far. Pass protection needs to be solid or we could get blown out.

They have a solid D. The Lions hopefully can help pass protection by getting the running game going.

19 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

We beat the Rivers-led Chargers in 2019. Is this Colts team same, better or worse? 

It feels like the Chargers offense had more weapons top of mind but KA and MW are always hurt, so I don't know/remember if they were in the game or not. 

I think they have a better D and as you suggest less weapons on offence.

Edited by diehardlionfan

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

They have a solid D. The Lions hopefully can help pass protection by getting the running game going.

The D is top 5 against the run this season. So that'll be a challenge. Watched the highlights of that Chargers game. A couple rushing TDs called back on the Chargers, a couple missed FG's from Prater could have made for a different game. Rivers looked alright thanks to some circus catches from Allen and Williams. A. KG TD, Slay pick and a 1st down conversion by Jesse James sealed the deal. 

I haven't really watched the Colts this year but going to take a few moments before Sunday. It feels like itll be another big day from Stafford while the defense will need to keep JT in check. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, detroitroar said:

It is Rivers vs many of the same pieces on this defense... Just curious on how he had looked last year and then checking out some Colts highlights from this year as well. 

They're really strong against the run and have some guys in the secondary that seem to be making plays..Blackmon is the one standing out. 

Should be an interesting matchup. 

Colts have no players “out” but C Ryan Kelly and TE Mo Alie-Cox are questionable 

Rookie Danny Pinter would play in place of Kelly

Darius Leonard missed the last 2 games with a groin injury has practiced and will play.

Rooke WR Michael Pittman was activated from IR today, he suffered a lower leg injury  week 3 that became compartment leg syndrome and required immediate surgery. 

Without Leonard we have had our opponents score on their first 4 possessions in the last 2 games. We were able to overcome the deficit against the Bengals but not the Browns. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It is Rivers vs many of the same pieces on this defense... Just curious on how he had looked last year and then checking out some Colts highlights from this year as well. 

They're really strong against the run and have some guys in the secondary that seem to be making plays..Blackmon is the one standing out. 

Should be an interesting matchup. 

It should be. I’m extremely interested to see what plays they have scripted to start the game. 

It’s a good test to see if the improvement is real. 

Personally I would like to see them come out on offence and air it out. 🤠