Browns DE Myles Garrett suffers knee injury; Undergoing MRI

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This is going to kill the players argument for less preseason 

8 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Pretty much. Any argument against less workouts in general is pretty much shot at this point. Its pretty clear that the body needs to go through that preparation and lead up to the regular season.

Workouts yes. Preseason no.

Honestly I think the 17th regular season game is a worse idea than elimination of preseason.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, Deadpulse said:

was it a player's argument? I thought the league wanted to get rid of them to add regular season games because it makes more cash?

Players wanted less preseason, owners were willing to change one preseason game to a Regular Season game - pretty sure we'll see more of this talk when the next CBA is up for negotiation.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, Deadpulse said:

was it a player's argument? I thought the league wanted to get rid of them to add regular season games because it makes more cash?

I think from the players side they view pre-season games as a chance to get more injured and take more hits.

Funny thing is.....as we have seen with no preseason---there are even more injuries going from 0 to 100mph when week 1 comes with no prep.

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think from the players side they view pre-season games as a chance to get more injured and take more hits.

Funny thing is.....as we have seen with no preseason---there are even more injuries going from 0 to 100mph when week 1 comes with no prep.

You got to thinks some of that is due to a lack of a traditional offseason as well. While I do think there is some merit in your point, I dont think you can definitively say that it was the lack of pre-season that is the root cause.  

37 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You got to thinks some of that is due to a lack of a traditional offseason as well. While I do think there is some merit in your point, I dont think you can definitively say that it was the lack of pre-season that is the root cause.  

I dont think its 100% the reason, but I think it played the biggest part. Players doing their normal workout routines then going straight into full padded contact is a cause for concern