Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. For as little as Shanny values guards, he does seem to put a lot of stock into tackles.

also, “everyone is dealing with something weather it’s injuries or COVID”, suck my balls Troy Aikman. 

I'm hopeful. Really hopeful

I wouldn’t be so sure. For as little as Shanny values guards, he does seem to put a lot of stock into tackles.

also, “everyone is dealing with something weather it’s injuries or COVID”, suck my balls Troy Aikman. 

Tackles are important for blocking on the edge. 

Aikman has been unbearable for a few years now. He's worse than buck 100% 

Just a leather-faced meat-head with no redeeming qualities

lmao like Mark Schlereth on Sunday talking about the Niners injuries but then talking about the Seahawks as well and saying it all evens out

Like yeah there's a difference between one team having half its starters out and another having their average RB group on a passing dominated team out 

The last time i was this down watching a niners team was October 2017. We had just gotten blown out by the Eagles, i think we were 0-8 or 0-9, and Bethard was playing horribly. We had no QB of the future on the roster and were talent deprived in general. 

Then we traded a 2nd for Jimmy G, got him in and won 5 straight, and football was fun for a bit. Then it wasn't fun after Jimmy tore his ACL in 2018, then 2019 was really fun, etc lol 

IDK, all i can look forward to this year is continued development from our youngsters and no more injuries. I mean, we have the FO & Coaching staff to get us ahead in the future. But for tonight and the next 7 games, its going to be torture watching Mullens & Bethard. And since its a near guarantee we move on from Jimmy G this offseason, i have the same feeling i did back in October '17...no QB of the future, just playing out the string 

I mean the last time we played way under our rosters talent we ended up with Bosa. If we could do the same at the QB position this year I would be ecstatic. Jimmy has been so inconsistent and we still tore through the league with this roster. Sure we may lose a few pieces, but if we avoid injuries next year to our key players we are right back in the thick of things. Imagine someone like Hebert or Burrows playing with our run game and defense. Obviously rolling out a rookie QB is not ideal, but we don’t ask or QB to carry our team anyway. If we can maintain our run game and defense and get a guy that can push the ball downfield on occasion, this team would by dynamite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I mean the last time we played way under our rosters talent we ended up with Bosa. If we could do the same at the QB position this year I would be ecstatic. Jimmy has been so inconsistent and we still tore through the league with this roster. Sure we may lose a few pieces, but if we avoid injuries next year to our key players we are right back in the thick of things. Imagine someone like Hebert or Burrows playing with our run game and defense. Obviously rolling out a rookie QB is not ideal, but we don’t ask or QB to carry our team anyway. If we can maintain our run game and defense and get a guy that can push the ball downfield on occasion, this team would by dynamite.

I think we could be bad enough to get Lance or Wilson. I'm be curious if we let Jimmy back. The only reason we would, I imagine, is to evaluate him for next year

5 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Could not agree more. Cut/trade Garoppolo. Save that 24m, get a rookie, simplify the offense a little bit, and coach him up. 

Look at Seattle in 2012. Wilson was a rookie. They made the playoffs and then won the Superbowl the next year. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think we could be bad enough to get Lance or Wilson. I'm be curious if we let Jimmy back. The only reason we would, I imagine, is to evaluate him for next year

In a normal year where the cap goes up? Garoppolo is back. With the cap going down by the exact amount we are paying Jimmy? He gone. 

It kinda sucks, because we could have won with Jimmy, but it has to be done. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

In a normal year where the cap goes up? Garoppolo is back. With the cap going down by the exact amount we are paying Jimmy? He gone. 

It kinda sucks, because we could have won with Jimmy, but it has to be done. 

Depends on how the staff wants to approach next season. I can't imagine the plan is start a rookie. But I have to wonder if we wouldn't be interested in a prove it vet deal