Week 9 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

With the way this season is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Packers with Mullens. 

I agree, I think this could very well happen.

Look, I cant argue with anyone that says this season is lost due to all of our injuries, but I am still fully on board thinking this team could still make the playoffs.

Our defense is still playing well and hopefully we get some pieces back after the bye, yes Garoppolo and Kittle are out, but I think Mullins and J. Reed can pick up the slack. Our running game is hopefully good enough to put some dents in this average GB defense.

I guess i am saying that, we aint out of it yet and there is still plenty of season left, and that is usually not something most teams could say with the injuries we have sustained.

Edited by P_locniners

17 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

With the way this season is going, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Packers with Mullens. 

We're not bad enough to bottom out so we're gonna win a couple more gms no matter who we have. I'll be here every wk but this yr won't bother me.

39 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

He's been killing it fantasy wise here the last month and I don't see anything great in our defense at this point that will slow him down.

Agreed. If we can’t produce any pass rush Rodgers will pick us apart just like Russell did. Our best bet is to run the ball non stop and use the clock to our advantage. Their run defense hasn’t been that great so as long as Kyle doesn’t make Nick throw (majority) we could win. 

• Like 1

I just have this feeling that we are going to beat these bums again

Their locker room wanted another WR. That is kinda deflating when you dont add at the deadline when you are basically the best team in the NFC and need 1-2 more pieces. 

We were expecting some big trades of pending FAs, that didnt happen, that can galvanize/energize your roster

Kyle addressing the team in my head: "We didnt trade anyone because we still expect to be a damn good football team and I believe in you guys. We are going to get some guys healthy and make a run at the playoffs. Mike Pettine is my b!tch and lets go shock the world"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

How do you know the locker room wanted another WR?  Another WR would be nice but most Packers fans think a run stuffing DL is a position of greater need.  Unfortunately we couldn't make a deal with anyone for either position.

Definitely need help on the defensive side of the line...Funny, I can still hear a giddy AR talking last season about finally having a defense....Of course the Smiths were relevant at that time, but hardly hear about them now....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan