The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I find it interesting that people are willing to sacrifice a game before they’d put in Bridgewater. If Bridgewater is the better QB, he should play. 

I don't know if we should sacrifice a game, but if we have a situation like we had in the bears game, where Keenum is not looking good (not necessarily injured like Bradford) then you pull the trigger on Teddy and send him out there. I think this next two games could be good opportunities, as the Redskins and Rams have been pretty good this year and we could look overmatched early on if the offense isn't performing.

I don't envy Keenum if Teddy is the backup against the Rams. It would be hard QBing the team while the stadium is chanting Teddy. 

No matter what Zimmer does he will be criticized unless it goes flawlessly. When they feel like Teddy will give the team the best chance to win, he should play. The one issue is that the first couple games he plays he might not be an upgrade, but playing and knocking off the rust might help be a better QB than Keenum down the stretch.

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I think they'll activate Teddy, sit him against Washington, and start him at home against the Rams. The stadium would be insane when Teddy walks onto the field!

But you want your fans to be quiet when the offense is in the huddle....

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

If Teddy doesn't workout after 2-3 games, we can always go back to Keenum.

You make it sound so simple. If Teddy goes out there and doesn't look ready, fans and media and critics are going to come down hard on the coaches, front office and medical staff for rushng him back before he's ready to go.

We don't need another Sam Bradford situation...

41 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I agree with most of everything you said besides this.

We played the Ravens and Bears. Both arguably top 10 defenses. Bears arguably a top 5 defense. We won both of those games. Best two defenses we will play this year most likely.

Worth noting that while these two teams had the defenses, they didn't have the offenses to come close to making the games competitive.

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I find it interesting that people are willing to sacrifice a game before they’d put in Bridgewater. If Bridgewater is the better QB, he should play. 

Not sure what you're saying about sacrificing a game. Does starting Bridgewater turn an automatic L into an automatic W?

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

We've been winning with great defense. We've moved the ball nicely with Keenum but settle on way too many FGs. If this offense can score more TDs, the Vikes will be tough to beat. If Teddy doesn't workout after 2-3 games, we can always go back to Keenum. I just don't know how sustainable the offense is if we're relying on 4+ FGs per game.

I'm completely against going with Teddy (just cause) at this moment. We don't have the luxury of trying Teddy out, unless Case struggles leads to Losses.

We also need to factor in that Pat is completely unfamiliar with Teddy. When Teddy was last under center Pat was QB coach and we were running Norvs offense. 

Zim has a duty to his players to play the best game possible for wins.

I don't see how he can put an unknown QB out there when Case has been stringing victories together.

If Case is going to {eventually} struggle, let him struggle in a game, then potential bring in Teddy. Maybe Teddy plays bad, and we have to go back to Case the following game. Maybe Teddy plays OK, and we stick with him.

But this team is not Teddy's, the starting QB job is not his, he needs to wait his turn for his opportunity.

17 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

We also need to factor in that Pat is completely unfamiliar with Teddy. When Teddy was last under center Pat was QB coach and we were running Norvs offense. 

Teddy has been in all the meetings the entire time. I'm guessing they've gotten to know each other just fine. He didn't pull an Adrian and completely leave the team during his rehab.

Just now, Klomp said:

Teddy has been in all the meetings the entire time. I'm guessing they've gotten to know each other just fine. He didn't pull an Adrian and completely leave the team during his rehab.

In game calling situations, I meant. Gotta think Pat is whispering in Zimmer ear, to stick with Case for the time being

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

I don't see how he can put an unknown QB out there when Case has been stringing victories together.

Some would argue that Case hasn't been stringing victories together; the defense has.

Keenum is averaging 230 ypg and 1 TD per game. It's not like we need Teddy to put up Aaron Rodgers production right away. The team will still be built around the ground game and the defense.

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

Not sure what you're saying about sacrificing a game. Does starting Bridgewater turn an automatic L into an automatic W?

No, what I’m saying is, if you think that Bridgewater is the better QB, why wait until Keenum loses before bringing him in. 

Archived