The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

25 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

He should play in London if Reiff is ready to go. You can't ask for a better first opponent than the Browns. If they've made the decision to put him on the roster, it's best to do it immediately, let him get as much game action as possible, and try to determine if he is still QBOTF.

hmm... counselor makes a compelling argument.

another way would be to give him the 4th quarter if we have the game well in hand.

The more practice time that Bridgewater can get, the better. If you don’t have to bring him on the roster, don’t. Let him get the practice in, and bring him back after the bye. 

Dont make a decision until you have to, even if you know what you want to do. 

52 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

He should play in London if Reiff is ready to go. You can't ask for a better first opponent than the Browns. If they've made the decision to put him on the roster, it's best to do it immediately, let him get as much game action as possible, and try to determine if he is still QBOTF.

Considering we're 5-2 and in first place, I'm not a big fan of using meaningful games to evaluate talent. If we've seen enough in practice to feel that he's an upgrade, then go for it, otherwise I'd rather be patient.

14 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Considering we're 5-2 and in first place, I'm not a big fan of using meaningful games to evaluate talent. If we've seen enough in practice to feel that he's an upgrade, then go for it, otherwise I'd rather be patient.

I want Teddy to be in the best position possible to succeed as the Vikes enter it's difficult stretch of games. 

Having Teddy ready against Washington would be a big plus, I don't think he necessarily has to play in London. Having two weeks to prep for Washington with a new starting QB is about as patient as I'd play it. Maybe wait until the Rams game if you prefer HFA.

13 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Might not be the best game to shake off the rust if it's a big game against a tough team

He has to be active after the bye right? 

They have to make the decision on whether to activate him on or before 11/8, which is 21 days from his first practice.  If they do not, then he remains on the PUP for the rest of the year.  

5 hours ago, disaacs said:

They have to make the decision on whether to activate him on or before 11/8, which is 21 days from his first practice.  If they do not, then he remains on the PUP for the rest of the year.  

For what it's worth, I assume he will be activated after Sunday, but that still doesn't mean that he will dress for a game yet.

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Would they have 4 qbs on the roster? 

Yes, though I'm sure they would make a move on either Sloter or Bradford to make room for him dropping us down to 3. Personally I think they should IR Bradford, but they could very well release Sloter and hope to re-sign him to the PS with a relatively lucrative deal again.

33 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Yes, though I'm sure they would make a move on either Sloter or Bradford to make room for him dropping us down to 3. Personally I think they should IR Bradford, but they could very well release Sloter and hope to re-sign him to the PS with a relatively lucrative deal again.

I think you'd almost have to carry four QBs on the outside chance that Bradford's knee gets better. If Teddy flops and Bradford is still around/feeling better, I'd prefer him over Keenum in the playoffs. If Teddy plays well and Bradford isn't showing much progress, then you shut Bradford down. We've got 7 WRs, cut one of them.

Archived