The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think you'd almost have to carry four QBs on the outside chance that Bradford's knee gets better. If Teddy flops and Bradford is still around/feeling better, I'd prefer him over Keenum in the playoffs. If Teddy plays well and Bradford isn't showing much progress, then you shut Bradford down. We've got 7 WRs, cut one of them.

Question with this: you can pull a guy off IR after 8 weeks, but is that only in the regular season? If we IR him right now can he be reactivated if necessary before the start of the playoffs? Point is, I completely get your logic, and I would agree, but if you look at the situation right now, with Bradford being a non-factor, we are getting by with Keenum and Sloter. Adding Teddy would be a plus, but isn't necessarily a must have. So if you can get Sam back come the playoffs from the IR, might as well shut him down and have him ready for those games when it matters most, and if we do need him he is available, fresh, and healthy/healthier (all while not taking up a spot on the 53, though I do think we could afford to drop a WR).

1 minute ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Question with this: you can pull a guy off IR after 8 weeks, but is that only in the regular season? If we IR him right now can he be reactivated if necessary before the start of the playoffs? Point is, I completely get your logic, and I would agree, but if you look at the situation right now, with Bradford being a non-factor, we are getting by with Keenum and Sloter. Adding Teddy would be a plus, but isn't necessarily a must have. So if you can get Sam back come the playoffs from the IR, might as well shut him down and have him ready for those games when it matters most, and if we do need him he is available, fresh, and healthy/healthier (all while not taking up a spot on the 53, though I do think we could afford to drop a WR).

My concern with this would be throwing Bradford into a playoff game after sitting out for two months. I think you'd have to get him playing by week 14 to give him a few games. Last thing we need is another Bears type first half with the season on the line. Still hope Teddy shines, but even if he does, who's the better backup, possible healthy Sam or Keenum?

5 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

Question with this: you can pull a guy off IR after 8 weeks, but is that only in the regular season?

Haven't found something official one way or the other, but I believe a player can still be activated after 8 weeks if it falls in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Later on the year, QBs might be more prone to be picked up from bottom feeders. Imagine GB took him for whatever reason

it wouldn't be a major loss unless we're enamored with his progress. I'd imagine if that's how we felt, we don't put him there in the first place.

holding onto 4 QBs just doesn't seem like a viable option. maybe if the rosters were expanded.

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Later on the year, QBs might be more prone to be picked up from bottom feeders. Imagine GB took him for whatever reason

The Vikes like him for a reason. If there is developmental potential as a backup, you've got to keep him. Especially since all three QBs are FAs next year.

52 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes like him for a reason. If there is developmental potential as a backup, you've got to keep him. Especially since all three QBs are FAs next year.

If he's just a potential backup, you don't have to keep him. If they think he could be a starter one day, then sure, but this guy was an undrafted FA who had a couple of good preseason games.  Nothing about that says somebody you have to keep.

54 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

If he's just a potential backup, you don't have to keep him. If they think he could be a starter one day, then sure, but this guy was an undrafted FA who had a couple of good preseason games.  Nothing about that says somebody you have to keep.

We're finding the value of a decent backup QB this year with Keenum. I'm not sure if Sloter will ever be as good as Keenum, but if you feel he has that potential, I'd prefer to make room for him opposed to keeping 7 WRs.

With the Bears TE having emergency surgery after the dislocated knee, I wonder if his injury is at all similar to the Bridgewater injury.

I can't believe that the league jobbed the Bears TE out of that TD. Reviews should only overturn things that are glaring obvious mistakes. Diggs was also a victim of the league changing calls on the field when there was not clear evidence that it should be reversed.

On one hand, it is hard to imagine Teddy's knee bending like that without contact and without coming down like the Bear's TE. Planting after a drop back shouldn't cause that kind of force. Other than that, some things seem similar. We never really heard a clear diagnosis of exactly what happened to Teddy's knee. 

25 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I wonder if his injury is at all similar to the Bridgewater injury.

It’s similar in the sense that they both dislocated their knee, but the result of the dislocation appears to be more serious in Miller’s case. I also wonder if the severity to Miller was made worse by the fact that it took the training staff a good amount of time to get to him on the field, whereas the reports about Bridgewater was that Sugarman got to him immediately. 

26 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

We never really heard a clear diagnosis of exactly what happened to Teddy's knee.

While nothing official has been reported, the rumor that’s most common is that Bridgewater took a snap from under center and either tripped or got his foot stepped on by the center and when he went to regain his balance, he overextended his leg, landed wrong, and his knee dislocated. Very similar circumstance to how Jaylon Smith dislocated his knee after getting shoved against Ohio State. 

Archived