The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s similar in the sense that they both dislocated their knee, but the result of the dislocation appears to be more serious in Miller’s case. I also wonder if the severity to Miller was made worse by the fact that it took the training staff a good amount of time to get to him on the field, whereas the reports about Bridgewater was that Sugarman got to him immediately. 

While nothing official has been reported, the rumor that’s most common is that Bridgewater took a snap from under center and either tripped or got his foot stepped on by the center and when he went to regain his balance, he overextended his leg, landed wrong, and his knee dislocated. Very similar circumstance to how Jaylon Smith dislocated his knee after getting shoved against Ohio State. 

The similarities that stick out to me that makes me wonder if the overall injury was similar was the threat of losing the leg. Both Bridgewater and Miller injuries resulted in reports that they could have lost their leg.

What appears to you to be more serious about the injury to Miller? Both required an immediate trip to the hospital and both reportedly could have lost their leg if things went south. The cause of that in both cases was a knee injury. It all looks similar to me and while I don't know if it is the same injury the similarities cause me to wonder whether it is. I haven't seen anything about Miller's case that appears to me to be more serious than the injury suffered by Teddy.

like Seifert suggests, the Vikings training staff didn’t know how serious the injury was, but they knew how serious it could be, which is what prompted the ambulance and the serious response. 

But the fact that he reportedly had no artery or nerve damage, likely means that he was truly never at any risk of losing his leg. 

Miller did have artery damage and required emergency surgery. That’s why his injury is likely more severe. 

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

What appears to you to be more serious about the injury to Miller? Both required an immediate trip to the hospital and both reportedly could have lost their leg if things went south. The cause of that in both cases was a knee injury. It all looks similar to me and while I don't know if it is the same injury the similarities cause me to wonder whether it is. I haven't seen anything about Miller's case that appears to me to be more serious than the injury suffered by Teddy.

If I'm not mistaken the big difference is that Miller had serious artery damage, there was worry about that with Bridgewater, but was not the case, that is a massive massive difference between the two.

Thanks, guys, for helping me understand the difference. I didn't know that Teddy didn't have artery damage. Details were sparse enough about his injury that I didn't know much of the details. With the clarity that Teddy did not have arterial or nerve damage I agree with you that Miller's injury is worse.

Hope this means that Teddy will be able to come back from the knee injury. I am still not sure how Teddy's was worse than Brady's ACL to other ACLs that take less than a year to repair but it is encouraging to know that he didn't suffer the full Miller injury. That looked gruesome.

The coach said he's prepared to activate Bridgewater ahead of the game against the Redskins but will take the rest of the week to evaluate where the quarterback is, 14 months removed from dislocating his left knee and tearing his ACL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/79247/mike-zimmer-ready-to-activate-teddy-bridgewater-after-bye-unsure-if-hell-start

1 minute ago, disaacs said:

I think ultimately that is what happens.  Teddy will get activated and be Case's backup until Case does something to warrant being replaced.  

Yup. Either that or Teddy starts. I don't see him not getting activated.

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s floating around Twitter that the Vikings got calls about Sloter, but turned down any offer. 

If that’s true, it pretty much assures that he won’t be released when the time comes to make a decision on Bridgewater. 

Only QB under contract for next season. I don't think it's unrealistic to say he could be the No. 2 in 2018.

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

I think ultimately that is what happens.  Teddy will get activated and be Case's backup until Case does something to warrant being replaced.  

I think we've seen enough to know that Keenum is a replaceable level player. He hasn't played poorly but might be a liability against better teams.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

right, and why wait for Case toi play poorly or make costly mistakes?

IF Teddy outplays him in practice, then it's time to give him a try in real games.

I’m not sure how well midseason practices are designed for evaluation.

Archived