The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Teddy isn't our all-star closer right now though. He's working back from a major injury.

That being said, I don't play him either.

Keep in mind: Gregg Williams

Oh, yeah. I forgot about him. Coordinating the Browns' D at 0-7 ... karma perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Realistically I don’t really expect Bridgewater to play until Keemun falters a bit. I think Teddy will get a chance at some point this year, but I think we keep playing Chase as long as we’re winning with him.

We clearly saw Keenum falter today. He was very bad for the majority of the game. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

We clearly saw Keenum falter today. He was very bad for the majority of the game. 

Agreed. Same could be said regarding the Detroit and Pittsburgh games too. Outside of the Tampa game, he hasn't been too inspiring. He does a good job managing the game, keeping drives moving and not turning the ball over but we've struggled scoring Tds.

im not sure if Teddy will be any better at this point but it wouldn't hurt to make the switch when Teddy is ready.

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Shurmur wasn’t the one missing open receivers and displaying poor ball placement. 

I agree. Nothing to do with Shurmur.  How many wide open passes did Case miss on.

in the end

its hard to take out a QB that is winning. Teddy chants will overcome if he is ever activated during a game if Case starts struggling and they will end up putting Teddy in...

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s pretty easy to take out a QB who isn’t playing well, even if the team is winning. 

Keenum came up with some good throws late in the fourth quarter to keep a could drives going, but he was a big reason we kept stalling and settling for field goals. 

Now you are aiming to take out a qb that is 5-2, 1 loss where he came in after practicing with the 2nd team for a QB that hasn't been on the field in 15 months coming off of a knee injury that could of killed him.

As bad as I want to bench him too, it will be hard to the OC and HC to do so. It will take Case struggling during a game and us being behind.

2 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

We have no idea what Teddy will be at this point. As long as we’re winning, I wouldn’t mess with it.

I don’t want to switch to Teddy and then have to switch back. 

I wouldn't have an issue benching Teddy if it doesn't work out. Hate to see that happen but Keenum is a capable backup, trying to improve the position midseason shouldn't be seen as a detriment.

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I wouldn't have an issue benching Teddy if it doesn't work out. Hate to see that happen but Keenum is a capable backup, trying to improve the position midseason shouldn't be seen as a detriment.

I just think it will go smoother if we wait a couple more weeks. The schedule gets tougher off the bye, so if you bench Case coming off a win streak and then Teddy loses the first game or two, people are already questioning the decision. It’s extra pressure on Teddy.

Plus starting Teddy after 3 weeks of practice seems a little rushed to me anyway. 

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Now you are aiming to take out a qb that is 5-2, 1 loss where he came in after practicing with the 2nd team .....

Games included wins against Brett Hundley, Mitch Trubisky and Joe Flacco. He didn't have to do much to get those wins.

Archived