The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

14 minutes ago, disaacs said:

I do think, if they work him in early, the best week to do it would be against the Rams in Week 11...but if not, then I think the earliest we'd see him is Week 15 vs the Bengals.  

I agree with this. I know in a previous post/thread I had mentioned playing Teddy after the bye week. The game after the bye week is against the Redskins and on a grass field. Our next 3 games, LAR, DET, and ATL are indoors. 

3 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I still think the best time to make the switch to Teddy would be after the bye. Give him two weeks to prep while the team is hopefully 6-2. Gives him several weeks before he plays, same timeline as training camp essentially.

I agree. Let him get some rust off against the Redskins, on the road, then come home in week 11. When Teddy steps back on the field at US Bank stadium, it’s going to be loud!!

Just now, Heimdallr said:

Does being cleared to practice mean he is cleared to play? If not, who knows how long it'll take to be cleared for full contact.

Either way I hope he wears a brace on that leg for the rest of his career.

As far as I’ve understood it, if a player is cleared to practice, they’ve also been cleared to play. But the team has 3 weeks to make that decision. 

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

I agree with this. I know in a previous post/thread I had mentioned playing Teddy after the bye week. The game after the bye week is against the Redskins and on a grass field. Our next 3 games, LAR, DET, and ATL are indoors. 

Yup, I'd like to avoid that crap field if at all possible

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Yup, I'd like to avoid that crap field if at all possible

Valid point, which I didn't even think of.  

As far as the question of whether being cleared to practice meaning he is cleared to play...they aren't really all that related, yes, he is technically physically cleared to play, but he really can't play until he is activated to the 53-man roster, which the team doesn't have to do for 21 days.  

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

As far as the question of whether being cleared to practice meaning he is cleared to play...they aren't really all that related, yes, he is technically physically cleared to play, but he really can't play until he is activated to the 53-man roster, which the team doesn't have to do for 21 days.  

Doesn't have to, but sounds like they will before Wednesday? Or maybe Mort's wrong...

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

starting him off at home would be more important than field conditions. What's going to happen in Green Bay at the end of the year playing on grass? Teddys going to have to be able to play in those conditions.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

starting him off at home would be more important than field conditions. What's going to happen in Green Bay at the end of the year playing on grass? Teddys going to have to be able to play in those conditions.

True, however, I never said he wouldn't have to play in those conditions. He'll actually need to play on a grass field when we go to Carolina. I guess I'd rather not have his first game back be on a grass field. 

43 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

True, however, I never said he wouldn't have to play in those conditions. He'll actually need to play on a grass field when we go to Carolina. I guess I'd rather not have his first game back be on a grass field. 

Especially THAT grass field.

z2MJm8.jpg

Archived