The Return of the Face of the Vikings (Teddy Chronicles)

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

That solves any sort of QB controversy for next year. No chance Bradford is re-signed. Next year will be a combo of Teddy and Case, unless Case gets starter money from someone else.

Teddy returning may not be a given. Jacksonville and Miami could be looking at QBs if he wants to return to FL. Could always use the franchise tag.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Teddy returning may not be a given. Jacksonville and Miami could be looking at QBs if he wants to return to FL. Could always use the franchise tag.

I just don't see Teddy doing that. I think he wants to play here.

Who knows, but it would be extremely out of character. 

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

That solves any sort of QB controversy for next year. No chance Bradford is re-signed. Next year will be a combo of Teddy and Case, unless Case gets starter money from someone else.

Yea, with Teddy returning (and assuming the team sees enough to think that his is still our future at QB) and Bradford's injury status/ expected contract requests, I don't see any way that we retain him. Keenum will be interesting, because while I would prefer to keep him, he will probably be getting offers that are too expensive for us to compete with. I honestly think we will roll into next year with TB as the starter, Sloter as the backup, and either a rookie or a newly signed vet brought in to compete for the 2nd or 3rd string spot.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

There is going to be a lot of uncertainty surrounding the QB situation heading into the off season.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

It's certainly not a given, but it is still the likeliest of scenarios.  And while the Dolphins have a potential out on Tannehill, I imagine they'll give him a shot to come back from his injury.  

Cris Carter: "In talking to the coach, the GM and people that run that team....the true leader of that team is Teddy Bridgewater. And they've been without their leader....even when they had Adrian Peterson at tailback. He is a salt of the earth type person. He's the face of the franchise. He's the face in the community. I don't thing people understand that the real leader of the Vikings is coming back."

(trying to find a decent video to source, but it was on his FS1 show this morning)

So from the sounds of it, at any point from now on we could be one play away from seeing Teddy in there. I think that's interesting. They're willing to ride out with the hot hand in Case, but it doesn't seem to be because of Teddy's injury because otherwise he probably wouldn't be the only other QB to dress on Sunday which has already been reported.

So this tells me they could be willing to give Keenum a shot to keep this rolling as long as he can keep having success. Either that or they've put together a plan and have already mapped out when Bridgewater's first start will be even if Keenum's rolling.

If you say you're going to pull Keenum when he struggles, how is that defined? Is it one loss? Two losses? Or is it statistical benchmarks?

These are all questions that should be answered over the next month.

I think it's quite possible they've mapped out a plan for Teddy, and have given him a date he's going to be inserted into the starting lineup. I'm debating between the Lions game and the Falcons game. That Falcons game would give him an extra few days to prepare coming off the Thursday game. However, in terms of our season goals as a team, I think they may want him to play in the more crucial game in Detroit.

3 hours ago, Klomp said:

... he probably wouldn't be the only other QB to dress on Sunday which has already been reported.

Didn't know that was reported or given by Zimmer. Interesting indeed. I agree one play away from starting. I also agree if Keenum stays hot, I think he'll start until at least Rams and potential Teddy could start vs Lions, tho hopefully they are mum on who is starting after this week. Hopefully Detroit would need to realistically prepare for both QBs

Archived