Week 9 general discussion

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Dwayne Bowe is the Chiefs #4 all-time leading receiver?!

That seems kinda crazy to me, but I guess it makes sense too.  But dang they have had such a long history and I feel like Bowe wasn't even good outside of a 2 year stretch lol

He took a lot of heat but he was better than most folks realize.

Now he's a absolutely terrible rapper haha

Edited by Chiefs_5627

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

That seems kinda crazy to me, but I guess it makes sense too.  But dang they have had such a long history and I feel like Bowe wasn't even good outside of a 2 year stretch lol

Our WRs have historically been a mix of mid-tier drafted guys who only got a couple years of legit production, or veteran retreads. Even when our offense was elite in the early 2000s, our top guys were mid-range free agents like Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton. Few other guys like that with Maclin, Rison, Alexander, etc. over the years. Other than that, there's been a lot of guys we drafted that flashed for 2 or 3 years, but didn't have lasting careers. Dwayne Bowe, Stephone Paige, Chris Carson, Willie Davis, etc. If you don't know almost any of those names, I don't blame you.

Hill is legit already the best or second best WR in team history.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

We pull 1000 yd rb out of nowhere,  but our wr through out history are bad.   Like worst in the NFL bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

They're never going to fire elway, are they? 

Every game has been competitive this year sans the Chiefs game. If not for his success in the last few drafts, he probably would have been canned already. Joe Ellis is in such trouble with the Bowlens, he probably can't fire him. Elways contract does expire after next year though.

I'd say given the good and the bad mixed together, he's been very average.