Burning random questions!

thebestever6

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you look at Mahomes the same way you looked at Rogers early in his career ? 

Not at all Rodgers sat for 3 years lol. I can't find a comparison to Mahomes tbh. I would say BIg Ben looked the part early in his career but he did have a lot around him was basically a game manager but boy he looked so poised 

Does the NFL fascinate anybody in this sense? 

The great but injured guy always seems to get defended like they're the Holy Grail of players, but they always gradually turn into the injury prone unreliable inconsistent guys and the fans banish them. 

What do you make of it stages of grief??

Some solid examples of this category seem to be.

Carson Wentz 

Derwin James 

Novarrow Bowman 

Etc 

I feel like their talents start to erode due to being injury prone and they turn into this with the fanbase fair?

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Not at all Rodgers sat for 3 years lol. I can't find a comparison to Mahomes tbh. I would say BIg Ben looked the part early in his career but he did have a lot around him was basically a game manager but boy he looked so poised 

No I meant early full time playing career ffs 🤣

Not in terms of a comparison, I mean the way you felt like he'll inevitably score at will? I remember thinking when Rogers was at his peak that "I have no idea how he's not going to score and win". I get this with Patrick, but even worse...

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No I meant early full time playing career ffs 🤣

Not in terms of a comparison, I mean the way you felt like he'll inevitably score at will? I remember when Rogers was at his peak that "I have no idea how he's not going to score and win". I get this with Patrick, but even worse...

I got it worse with Rodgers imo. I think it's because how special he was with that hail Mary. I mean I never assumed a hail Mary is gonna be completed till watching him.

That comeback Mahomes had against the Chargers was amazing but the Chargers are the MJ of blowing leads.

I feel it with Mahomes but I feel like Andy has been holding the offense back in some halves this year don't get it as much as last playoffs.

I wonder how Andy Reids career would be viewed if he had Mahomes for 20years? Like BB with Brady. Is it crazy to think he would be neck and neck?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Does the NFL fascinate anybody in this sense? 

The great but injured guy always seems to get defended like they're the Holy Grail of players, but they always gradually turn into the injury prone unreliable inconsistent guys and the fans banish them. 

What do you make of it stages of grief??

Some solid examples of this category seem to be.

Carson Wentz 

Derwin James 

Novarrow Bowman 

Etc 

I feel like their talents start to erode due to being injury prone and they turn into this with the fanbase fair?

Yeah I see what you're saying. 

They get a lot of leeway, I guess because it's not their fault. But like BB said; "the greatest ability is availability"