GDT: Titans (6-2) at Colts (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

With that said, I’ll say yesterday was the worst game Art has called this season. We went back to 3 TE looks with Raymond as the only receiver. Went back to the toss plays. Had two drives stall in large part because he ran on 2nd and 10 twice (once before the blocked punt to set up 3rd and long, once in the missed FG drive where Davis picked up the holding to kill the drive). 

That play action to the FB that led to Tannehill getting immediately sacked on the 3rd and short before the shanked punt was just terrible design. The reason it worked the first time was because Henry was at FB and drew attention, trying it with Blasingame, especially after the Colts had already seen a similar play, was just so bad.

I personally think losing Lewan is hurting this team alot worse than people thought and tbh, worse than I frankly thought it would. So many times we are basically down a man in passing scenarios to help our dwindled down o line and tbh Tannehill is good but he isn't Aaron Rodgers out there. If you really think about it we are a very different defense then we were last year. A defense I thought that would be better, but Clowney just may be an ok defender at this point in his career. And maybe we miss Casey, Ryan, Jackson, and Pees. The defense is just not good, from a lot of standpoints. Maybe it is even a blessing that we are 6-3. Maybe this team could have a worse record? That is how I am going to frame it. We just need to win in two weeks and win the division. Claw, scrape, whatever you have to do to win the division. I don't see how the Colts do not lose 4 more games. We just need to get to 10-6.

Edited by twotonebluenation

11 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I personally think losing Lewan is hurting this team alot worse than people thought and tbh, worse than I frankly thought it would. So many times we are basically down a man in passing scenarios to help our dwindled down o line and tbh Tannehill is good but he isn't Aaron Rodgers out there. If you really think about it we are a very different defense then we were last year. A defense I thought that would be better, but Clowney just may be an ok defender at this point in his career. And maybe we miss Casey, Ryan, Jackson, and Pees. The defense is just not good, from a lot of standpoints. Maybe it is even a blessing that we are 6-3. Maybe this team could have a worse record? That is how I am going to frame it. We just need to win in two weeks and win the division. Claw, scrape, whatever you have to do to win the division. I don't see how the Colts do not lose 4 more games. We just need to get to 10-6.

Colts have Packers, Jags, Texans (x2), Raiders, Steelers and Us. 
They can beat the Jags, Texans 2 times, Raiders and Us. 

I'd take their schedule over ours to finish up.  They are at least 9-7/10-6.

Lewan's absence is killing us. KILLING US.

But our inability to even somewhat overcome his absence is an indictment on the offense as a whole...especially in the passing game (given Henry has 2 100+ games since Lewan went down)

Does Tannehill really need EVERYTHING around him to be perfect? Let's call a spade a spade here.

15 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

But our inability to even somewhat overcome his absence is an indictment on the offense as a whole...especially in the passing game (given Henry has 2 100+ games since Lewan went down)

Does Tannehill really need EVERYTHING around him to be perfect? Let's call a spade a spade here.

I mean, when Ty Sambrailo and Dennis Kelly are your bookends, Jamil Douglas is at LG, your top receiver is dropping 80 yard touchdowns and your OC is doing everything he can to hamstring the offense, it’s tough to expect a QB to thrive against an elite defense.

Tannehill is a good to very good QB that, too often since Lewan has gone out, has been put into situations where only a Hall of Famer could succeed. 

I mean, we had 17 in the first half against the best scoring defense in football (could’ve been 24 if not for the AJ drop), then didn’t see the ball for 11 minutes and when we finally did, Tannehill didn’t have a chance to attempt a single pass before we were losing. 

He also just got killed last night and played a few snaps with a clear limp.

There’s nothing perfect around him right now. He has Derrick and then three receiving options that are dramatically underutilized schematically. AJ, CD and Jonnu and we’re out here running sets with Raymond as the only receiver, running 3rd down screens to Cam Batson, constantly using Firkser as our primary read. 

The coaching staff is failing this team and is probably going to waste the most talented roster we’ve had in two decades.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Listen, I think regardless of how well Tanny was playing, nobody felt like we had the second coming of Andrew Luck on our hands. He is a product of a system that fits him. And when that thang is good, he showed what he can put up.

But if it isn't, we are likely going to see the Miami Tanny that does enough to be like, he is my starter but not enough to feel like you have an ELITE QB. 
I think we've seen he doesn't need everything to be perfect. He can make plays. 

But in this offense is so not built for a QB to pass.  Last two games 25 completions from him. 25!!!!
Rivers had 29 in our game yesterday alone. 

He had 10 completions against the Bears!  That's Vince Young area. lol

If we are going to ask our QB to complete 25 passes over a two game span, why pay him $100 Million. Could Winston,  not do that for $1.5 million?
It sucks to criticize a QB that is on track for a 3,000 plus passing season with 30 plus TDs and less than 10 INTs. But how sustainable is the offense moving forward in the future.

It's nice to have this identity on offense. We know what to expect. But if we know what to expect so does the defense and when they have players like the Colts and coaches that know how to teach it isn't hard to stop.

Tanny was 2 throws from having a "great night" by his standards. But an offense that is depending on 2 throws is bound to fail. 

It feels like we running a wishbone offense or something. 

17 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He doesn’t need everything to be perfect. But he needs his d and special teams to at least sometimes help him.

Don't get me wrong. My beef on O is much more with Smith than Tannehill. Significantly more.

But whether anyone wants to hear it or not, a winning QB needs to transcend less-than-ideal surroundings. Whether it's playcalling, OL, etc.

We obviously cannot expect a Rodgers/Wilson-esque ability to overcome.

But when do we get to the point where Tanny drags us to a victory? Coaches need to give him the keys to the car, obviously, but the point remains.

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Colts have Packers, Jags, Texans (x2), Raiders, Steelers and Us. 
They can beat the Jags, Texans 2 times, Raiders and Us. 

I'd take their schedule over ours to finish up.  They are at least 9-7/10-6.

To me the schedules are a toss up. All the tough teams we play are very beatable. And honestly it’s sad that they beat us last night, because I honestly could see them going 8-8. I predict they go 9-7. I really do not think that that team is really that great. What does that say about us. Hope we can pull it together because the division is still really in our hands.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Don't get me wrong. My beef on O is much more with Smith than Tannehill. Significantly more.

But whether anyone wants to hear it or not, a winning QB needs to transcend less-than-ideal surroundings. Whether it's playcalling, OL, etc.

But when do we get to the point where Tanny drags us to a victory? Coaches need to give him the keys to the car, obviously, but the point remains.

He can’t. He can’t drag us to a victory if we don’t let him drop back and throw the ball. He had what, two pass attempts between getting us a 7-point lead and being down two scores?

Then got us into FG range to get it back to seven only to miss the kick and then be down 17. He had no opportunity to carry the team yesterday.

Tannehill hasn’t been incredible lately. But I can’t blame him for not carrying the offense when we refuse to even give him a chance to carry the offense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yeah. Tanny dragged us to victories a couple times this year. Game winning TDs very often..lol

But 10 completions against the Bears. 25 completions last two games. 48 attempts last two games.

Rivers has had 82 attempts last two games. That should be reverse at this stage of their careers. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Tanny dragged us to victories a couple times this year. Game winning TDs very often..lol

But 10 completions against the Bears. 25 completions last two games. 48 attempts last two games.

Rivers has had 82 attempts last two games. That should be reverse at this stage of their careers. 

Again, not taking anything away from Ryan, but a single drive does not equate dragging a team to victory

We were down 10 and didn't give him the keys to the car and say "go win this game". Granted, the run game was still getting yards and Nate's hold killed us.

It's much more on Art/play-calling. But I'm sorry...other guys go down, the QB needs to step up. Tanny needs to be better just as much as anyone else does.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He can’t. He can’t drag us to a victory if we don’t let him drop back and throw the ball. He had what, two pass attempts between getting us a 7-point lead and being down two scores?

Then got us into FG range to get it back to seven only to miss the kick and then be down 17. He had no opportunity to carry the team yesterday.

Tannehill hasn’t been incredible lately. But I can’t blame him for not carrying the offense when we refuse to even give him a chance to carry the offense.

that's my point. we need to let him run this offense and have the offense run through him and not Derrick

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Does anyone remember when Vrabel preached aggressiveness? Because man, this might honestly be the most passive coaching staff in the entire NFL.

I really do not understand the defensive play calling mindset. Playing that far off. Like what are you trying to do at that point? Are you waiving the white flag defensively?