GDT: Titans (6-2) at Colts (5-3)

Mesa_Titan

We wasted maybe our first respectable half of defensive football tonight. 

Oh it just ticks me off. I mean there was nothing wrong with our punt game last week.

We can't have this kicker anymore. I mean he isn't one of the main pillars of Robinson's foundation. (Dependable).

How can you be just a bum inside of 50 yards so many times. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

We wasted maybe our first respectable half of defensive football tonight. 

Oh it just ticks me off. I mean there was nothing wrong with our punt game last week.

We can't have this kicker anymore. I mean he isn't one of the main pillars of Robinson's foundation. (Dependable).

How can you be just a bum inside of 50 yards so many times. 

mentally, this team has not decided they want to be winners yet. talked the talk...cannot walk the walk

not to use the cliche, but you dont go 'good to great' overnight. it's a process of clawing to victories, gaining confidence, steamrolling teams that you should steamroll. We don't have that mentality. I worry we never will.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

mentally, this team has not decided they want to be winners yet. talked the talk...cannot walk the walk

not to use the cliche, but you dont go 'good to great' overnight. it's a process of clawing to victories, gaining confidence, steamrolling teams that you should steamroll. We don't have that mentality. I worry we never will.

Only team we do that too is the Jags. And we didn't even do that right this year.  lol

2020 is changing me.

This season is changing me. 

This team doesn't deserve this much mental energy from me. ..lol

That first drive was so beautiful. It was so fun to watch this team play.

Then they just find a way to screw it.

Freak it. lol Freak poop butt freak!

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Only team we do that too is the Jags. And we didn't even do that right this year.  lol

it's impossible to wrap my head around

this really does look like a 9-7 team. what needs to happen for us to take that next step into consistent contention?

does it NEED to be a true franchise QB?

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

this really does look like a 9-7 team. what needs to happen for us to take that next step into consistent contention?

If you think QB is the reason we’re losing games I just don’t know what to say to you. 

i mean, it's not exactly rocket science. with even average defense and average special teams play there's a decent chance we're 9-0 and at the absolute least 7-2, with several more dominating wins and fewer embarrassing losses. our issue is we seem pathologically unable to build year after year. fix the offense, defense goes to hell. fix the defense, offense clams up. and on and on and on.

I’m torn on this question 

Can Tannehill be the guy or is Arthur Smith holding him back?

He comes out throwing fine then he’s none existent the rest of the game 

AJ Browns drop was huge but after that Tannehill couldn’t move this team

So are the coaches not trusting to put it in Tannehills hands or what’s the deal?

I know they want to run the ball but there are just times you have to throw to set up the run and the Titans refuse to do that 

I believe in Tannehill but I’m just torn on what the issue is 

He missed big play throws a few times this year and it’s starting to worry me a bit 

Again I believe in him but I’m worried because here we are again in a big game and the coaches are refusing to let him throw the ball 

I know Henry’s running success dictated a lot of the low passing numbers from Tannehill in the playoffs but now it’s the regular season and here we are again 

Another big game and we barley target AJ Brown and refuse to keep feeding Davis

Big moments in the game and Tannehill is choosing to throw short of the sticks to Firkser but doesn’t attempt to hit 3 of his best play makers

I just don’t know what the main problem is and how it’s fixed

As far as the coaching goes if Bowen is the real DC he should be relieved of those duties and this is something I say regularly 

Vrabel needs to stop worrying about his friendships and do what’s best if that means relieving Bowen of play calling duties or relieving himself 

Lastly the last friend Vrabel needs to let go is Gostkowski 

Joseph was fine last season and Vrabel had to get the itch to sign his buddy

Allen was fine last week and yet whiffs this week and goes with Daniels

When Friday afternoon hits Gostkowski shouldn’t be on this team anymore 

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think the passing offense hasn't matured from last year.

It seems very basic and needs to be schemed open and we don't seem to have the players to win consistently one on one. 

Missing Humphries Lewan and reliable kicker.

Tanny isn't the problem but he does have some short comings. Hard to be mad at him.

If Aj catches that ball we looking at a whole different game. 

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

So are the coaches not trusting to put it in Tannehills hands or what’s the deal?

I know they want to run the ball but there are just times you have to throw to set up the run and the Titans refuse to do that 

He missed big play throws a few times this year and it’s starting to worry me a bit 

Again I believe in him but I’m worried because here we are again in a big game and the coaches are refusing to let him throw the ball 

I know Henry’s running success dictated a lot of the low passing numbers from Tannehill in the playoffs but now it’s the regular season and here we are again 

Big moments in the game and Tannehill is choosing to throw short of the sticks to Firkser but doesn’t attempt to hit 3 of his best play makers

As far as the coaching goes if Bowen is the real DC he should be relieved of those duties and this is something I say regularly 

Vrabel needs to stop worrying about his friendships and do what’s best if that means relieving Bowen of play calling duties or relieving himself 

That was part of my problem tonight. 

We have a WR that everyone in the league feels is a boss. But we go whole quarters without even looking his way. But throw it to Batson. 

When it's perfect. The offense can be beautiful. 

But when things aren't right it falls apart too quickly. 

This offense has no room for mistakes. If we don't convert, drop passes etc it gets ugly. 

The first drive of the game we put the ball in Tannehill’s hands, and he walked us down the field for an easy touchdown.

On our second drive of the game, we lost four yards on another stupid pitch. Tannehill set up a manageable third down, Sambrailo had a false start, then Tannehill threw a dime that should’ve been a touchdown to AJ.

We then took the ball out of his hands and, even when we did throw, it was almost exclusively long-developing PA plays.

Tannehill was in a rhythm early and Art called a terrible game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think the passing offense hasn't matured from last year.

It seems very basic and needs to be schemed open and we don't seem to have the players to win consistently one on one. 

Missing Humphries Lewan and reliable kicker.

Tanny isn't the problem but he does have some short comings. Hard to be mad at him.

If Aj catches that ball we looking at a whole different game. 

Looking at really a seasons+ worth of games now with the Tanny-led offense, I think we largely flinch in the face of good defenses.

hard to explain and maybe even validate. But, offensively, I don’t feel we are ever “up to the challenge” of what challenge a very good defense presents. We really struggled early against Pitt, we got shut out for 30m against Indy. Couldn’t pass the ball against NE last year. (Granted we had success against Baltimore and buffalo this year, but D did put offense in several short fields. Not taking anything away from the O those games, tho. Especially Derrick)

im not pointing the finger at Ryan here. But his numbers aren’t there against the “good” defenses 

this offense can bear up inferior opponents. But against a formidable defense? I’ll take the opposing defense 9 times out of 10

12 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Agree 100% on the offensive notes