Jump to content
swede700

Week 10: VIKINGS (3-5) at Bears (5-4)

Recommended Posts

Game 9

When: 8:15 PM EST November 16th

Where: Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)

TV/Radio: ESPN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick, Lisa Salters

Coverage Map: National

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: G Dru Samia (illness), TE Irv Smith (groin), DE Jordan Brailford (personal), CB Cameron Dantzler (concussion)

Bears - Questionable: WR Allen Robinson II (knee), TE Cole Kmet (groin), LT Jason Spriggs (knee), OLB Barkevious Mingo (shoulder), Doubtful: OL Sam Mustipher (knee), Out: QB Mitch Trubisky (shoulder), RB David Montgomery (concussion), NT John Jenkins (ankle), S Sherrick McManis (hand)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700
Injury Report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Skol

Agreed...I say, let's make it 3-1 in the division this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect the Bears to slow down Cook and make Cousins beat them.

Soldier Field has NOT treated the Vikings well but they're 2-4 there under Zimmer. 

Which Cousins will show up?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

4-16 in Chicago this century 

gross home alone GIF

Yup, 2-4 under Zimmer. Longest stretches have 6 (2001 to 2006) and 7 (2008 to 2014) years. House of Horrors it has been for us.

Zimmer finally got one against LaFleur, it is time he gets one against Nagy (either at Soldier or US Bank).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the bears have a good defense overall but their run defense is closer to average while their pass defense is closer to elite. i don't expect cook to run all over them like he did vs. GB or DET but i also don't expect us to change our game plan much in terms of run vs. pass. 

 

this is probably an obvious statement but limiting turnovers is going to be key this coming monday. i like our offense vs. their defense more than their offense (which is awful) vs. our defense, but giving them short fields could change things quickly. 

 

small wish of mine this game is for jefferson to have another 100+ yard receiving game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Can Kirk Cousins just play decent on MNF for once, please? Please.

it's a three-headed dragon... cousins on prime time, @ soldier field vs. nick foles. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whitehops said:

it's a three-headed dragon... cousins on prime time, @ soldier field vs. nick foles. 

Never throw Nick Foles in there...he's been terrible everywhere except his 2 stints in Philadelphia.  Apparently, they are the only organization that knows how to use him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we'll need to rely more on the passing game this week if we want to win. Chicago easily has a better defense than GB/Det and they'll key in to stop Cook the entire game.

The playoffs are a longshot, but if we keep winning, then who knows.

Skol!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we'll need to rely more on the passing game this week if we want to win. Chicago easily has a better defense than GB/Det and they'll key in to stop Cook the entire game.

The playoffs are a longshot, but if we keep winning, then who knows.

Skol!

The playoffs are a longshot but moving from fourth in the division to second in the division dramatically improves those chances. We can be pretty sure there will not be a wild card team coming out of the East. That will give a decent shot at one of the three wild card spots to the other three second place teams. The West does get fatten their record against the East though and could get a couple wild card teams; it may take the 4th WC spot that the NFL is adding in the event teams can't complete 16 games.

After the Vikings beat the Lions they moved into third place in the division handing the Lions their fifth loss. That was step one. Step two is passing the Bears. Beating the Bears this week hands them their fifth loss which would allow the Vikings to pass them by matching the Bears win total next week when the Bears are on bye and the Vikings are playing the heartless McCarthy led Cowboys.

Getting to second place in the division is well within reach. Staying there would not be easy. The path to the playoffs is never going to be easy when you give the rest of the league the head start the Vikings gave them going 1-5 in the first six weeks. It is a tough hill to climb and this Monday Night game is one of the places that it is not at all unlikely that the team is tripped up from making the improbable run.

Edited by Cearbhall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The playoffs are a longshot but moving from fourth in the division to second in the division dramatically improves those chances. We can be pretty sure there will not be a wild card team coming out of the East. That will give a decent shot at one of the three wild card spots to the other three second place teams. The West does get fatten their record against the East though and could get a couple wild card teams; it may take the 4th WC spot that the NFL is adding in the event teams can't complete 16 games.

After the Vikings beat the Lions they moved into third place in the division handing the Lions their fifth loss. That was step one. Step two is passing the Bears. Beating the Bears this week hands them their fifth loss which would allow the Vikings to pass them by matching the Bears win total next week when the Bears are on bye and the Vikings are playing the heartless McCarthy led Cowboys.

Getting to second place in the division is well within reach. Staying there would not be easy. The path to the playoffs is never going to be easy when you give the rest of the league the head start the Vikings gave them going 1-5 in the first six weeks. It is a tough hill to climb and this Monday Night game is one of the places that it is not at all unlikely that the team is tripped up from making the improbable run.

At 5-5 Chicago would still be in 2nd. We need to win 2 in a row to take 2nd place since Chicago is on bye week 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 8:12 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Can Kirk Cousins just play decent on MNF for once, please? Please.

He was really good last year vs Seattle but the D crapped the bed. Do what they've done the last couple weeks and it should work out. To me this game is a race to 20 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

At 5-5 Chicago would still be in 2nd. We need to win 2 in a row to take 2nd place since Chicago is on bye week 11.

Isn't that what I said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...