Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

Its pretty much the only reason you don't need a loaded draft to win or compete in this league. I need 4 bats to fill a pretty solid lineup even with only 1 draft pick threw 8 rounds. I seen a ton of vets that would allow me to compete against most this teams the only problem I will have is SP which I can stream and take my chances. There is seriously no reason you can try to win every year in here some draft picks make you go UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

It was fun watching them both together in A ball last year.  First time I went to a bunch of Lugnuts games in a long time.  Will be fun to see them come up although I doubt either get a look this year and maybe not even next year full time.  They are super young and pushed their way out of Low A ball but they need time to develop at a couple more levels.

Word in Toronto is Vlad is going to make his Jays debut much earlier than anyone imagined. I have no idea what that means but he’s impressed the brass.

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

Word in Toronto is Vlad is going to make his Jays debut much earlier than anyone imagined. I have no idea what that means but he’s impressed the brass.

I think some of that will depend on Donaldson.  If (I know its a big if) he stays healthy this year they don't really need Vlad and Vlad needs everyday at bats at this point.  There is a chance he starts the year in AA and then gets called u for the September cup of coffee but I don't see them rushing him up much before that unless he dominates AA ball and Donaldson struggles.

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Not sure point. I held Moncada and still won a championship while he was in minors

Did u have 6 other prospects with Moncada?

You think you are going to win this year with those guys you have, have at it. I just think its funny you claim u don't even think hes gonna play this year but draft him. Okay.

41 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Did u have 6 other prospects with Moncada?

You think you are going to win this year with those guys you have, have at it. I just think its funny you claim u don't even think hes gonna play this year but draft him. Okay.

He is only one I don’t see playing. Well worth stashing a top 3 kid at this point 

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think some of that will depend on Donaldson.  If (I know its a big if) he stays healthy this year they don't really need Vlad and Vlad needs everyday at bats at this point.  There is a chance he starts the year in AA and then gets called u for the September cup of coffee but I don't see them rushing him up much before that unless he dominates AA ball and Donaldson struggles.

The other perspective is when can he replace Donaldson freeing him up to trade for othe4 pieces. What they do will d3pend on when the young guys are ready but it’s nice for the BlueJays to here options on the horizon.

i keep reading they think they can contend if certain players bounce back. They certainly have some bounce back candidates but I don’t think they’re all that close. 

Time Slots for Tuesday, March 6th

8:00 - 9:00: @The Gnat
9:00 - 10:00: @ManeLine
10:00 - 11:00: @I_GET_SAX
11:00 - 12:00: @Dingo18287
12:00 - 2:00: @detfan782004 x2
2:00 - 3:00: @Louis Friend
3:00 - 4:00: @X_Factor_40
4:00 - 5:00:  @Louis Friend

5:00 - 6:00: @Dingo18287
6:00 - 7:00: @Lions017
7:00 - 8:00: @Louis Friend

8:00 - 9:00:  @davisblack
9:00 - 10:00:  @diehardlionfan
10:00 - 11:00: @Louis Friend
11:00 - 12:00: @X_Factor_40

8 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

The other perspective is when can he replace Donaldson freeing him up to trade for othe4 pieces. What they do will d3pend on when the young guys are ready but it’s nice for the BlueJays to here options on the horizon.

i keep reading they think they can contend if certain players bounce back. They certainly have some bounce back candidates but I don’t think they’re all that close. 

That’s a great point. Donaldson would fetch a king’s ransom at the trade deadline to a team in the hunt. Could you imagine the Yankees or Red Sox adding Donaldson to their lineup down the stretch? The Cubs or Dodgers? There are a lot of really good teams that could really take it to an even higher level with Donaldson. That’s not something I really considered until your posts made me think about it, but Vlad and Bichette both hit for average and their bats are SO good that they may allow the Blue Jays some creativity in their rebuild that most teams don’t have at their disposal. I would be a sad day for myself as a Jays/Donaldson fan, but it’s going to be a lot of fun watching these kids come up and establish themselves. They may take a year or two, but they’re so talented that they could speed up the process. 

Missed Picks:

@Louis Friend x6

@The Gnat x2 (including OTC 8-9) 

*Can anyone get in touch with Louis to try to get a board from him? My heart goes out to him after hearing of his loss. Losing my grandma, who was like a second mother to me, is still a sore spot several years later. I just want to try to help him out the best we can if at all possible. This is a very delicate circumstance and he’ll always have a spot here on the forum and waiting for him in this league. If we can try to help on this end at all, we should try. 

Archived