MIN- Robert Saleh, SF DC 

I'll go ahead and update these as well. 

HOU- hire Brian Daboll
JAX- hire Eric Bieniemy
LAC- hire Joe Brady
NYJ- hire Matt Campbell
DET- hire Robert Saleh
ATL- retain Raheem Morris

*still undecided on Chicago but if it opens then Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern.  

So Texans, Falcons, Lions, Jaguars will be looking for both a new GM & HC. 

Panthers looking for a new GM, Jets & Chargers likely to look for a new HC.

Could also see change with the Eagles, Giants & Vikings at either/or the GM/HC position. 

Bears, Broncos, Raiders, Bengals should have their HC/GM on the hotseat next season.

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Could also see change with the Eagles, Giants & Vikings at either/or the GM/HC position. 

Bears, Broncos, Raiders, Bengals should have their HC/GM on the hotseat next season.

Re: the Broncos, Schefter said Fangio was going to return. Even though Schefter’s credibility has taken quite a hit of late, he wouldn’t report that if it wasn’t directly from Joe Ellis or John Elway.

Furthermore, the Broncos are going to be sold at some point in the next 12 months, after which I expect a complete cleaning of house absent a deep playoff run. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Re: the Broncos, Schefter said Fangio was going to return. Even though Schefter’s credibility has taken quite a hit of late, he wouldn’t report that if it wasn’t directly from Joe Ellis or John Elway.

Furthermore, the Broncos are going to be sold at some point in the next 12 months, after which I expect a complete cleaning of house absent a deep playoff run. 

I agree, i figure a new owner will clean house. Broncos will likely get a new GM/HC in the 2022 offseason, barring a turnaround next season. 

I wonder if Elway will try to draft a top QB in the 2021 draft, or just stick with Lock.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

I agree, i figure a new owner will clean house. Broncos will likely get a new GM/HC in the 2022 offseason, barring a turnaround next season. 

I wonder if Elway will try to draft a top QB in the 2021 draft, or just stick with Lock.

The latter is the million dollar question.

Given the uncertainty, the thinking might be to keep continuity (which would be change from the norm in Denver post SB50) and hope that, along with development of the young players (Lock included) after a real offseason there will be enough growth for most to hang on after the ownership change, pitch it that things are trending in the right direction. 

The other line of thought could be to try to return to “win now” mode that has had so much success post-Peyton (sarc.) and hope that scrapping together a 9-7 wild card season with a veteran journeyman will save their jobs. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

So, Pederson if he's let go by the Eagles? Garrett? A college HC like Meyer or Harbs? Not sure who else is on the market that would fit that criteria

Urban, Marvin Lewis, Jim Caldwell (I'm a fan of all 3). Maybe Josh McDaniels, although I know fans hate him for the DEN days/passing on Indy, he seems highly viewed in the industry and has been linked to us before.

Not sure who else without doing a dive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Put nothing past the Spanos family.  They literally are that stupid that they would give Anthony Lynn a pass for the travesty that was this season because of COVID and a few wins to close the season (where he still did his best to lose those games by playing to "not lose").

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

What’s interesting is what the Jags will do at GM first, that will dictate which way they go with HC. 

Do they hire a real GM and empower him to actually run the franchise and hire the coach of his choice? Do they do the co-op route and hire two (or more) guys with experience together? Or do they hire a big-name coach and let him choose his GM, or at least have enormous say over who is hired?

This is why “news” like this tweet don’t make a ton of sense; if Kahn is going to already make stipulations about who his GM can hire (e.g. some with prior HC experience) he’s already serving notice his GM will not be fully empowered. Has anyone heard that is the line of thinking in Jacksonville? 

• Like 1

Just now, AnAngryAmerican said:

What’s interesting is what the Jags will do at GM first, that will dictate which way they go with HC. 

Do they hire a real GM and empower him to actually run the franchise and hire the coach of his choice? Do they do the co-op route and hire two (or more) guys with experience together? Or do they hire a big-name coach and let him choose his GM, or at least have enormous say over who is hired?

This is why “news” like this tweet don’t make a ton of sense; if Kahn is going to already make stipulations about who his GM can hire (e.g. some with prior HC experience) he’s already serving notice his GM will not be fully empowered. Has anyone heard that is the line of thinking in Jacksonville? 

Yeah, I don't think many teams do the hiring of GM followed by a HC search anymore. Seems like more and more teams are going the route of a partnership or a big whale of a HC and let him have a right hand.

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

So, Pederson if he's let go by the Eagles? Garrett? A college HC like Meyer or Harbs? Not sure who else is on the market that would fit that criteria

Not saying they'll be in consideration, but just going off the top of my head as to who would fulfill the criteria: Leslie Frazier, Jay Gruden (in-house, but I would have assumed they would have given him a shot as interim if this were the case), Pat Shurmur, Steve Spagnuolo, Chuck Pagano, Dan Campbell, Dennis Allen, The Clapper (though not sure why anyone would want to hire him), Marvin Lewis is probably going to get strong consideration, McDaniels, Chan Gailey, Norv (it could happen), Herm Edwards (doubt it, but he has been having some solid success at ASU - though it would be a shame for them to lose him).

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Maybe Josh McDaniels, although I know fans hate him for the DEN days/passing on Indy, he seems highly viewed in the industry and has been linked to us before.

He’s “highly viewed” because the NE group has a ton of media sycophants who boost their guys all over the place all the time.

Other than Flores (who’s not even two seasons in) every Patriot assistant who has gotten a HC job has not only crashed and burned but has done so in spectacularly embarrassing fashion and left whatever franchise they were with worse off than when they arrived. Owners sooner or later should be able to recognize the trend. 

Furthermore, here are the offensive ranks of McDaniels-coached offenses in seasons where he hasn’t had Tom Brady as his QB. 

2008 NE: 5th (yards), 8th (points)

2009 DEN: 15th (yards), 20th (points)

2010 DEN: 13th (yards), 19th (points)

2011 STL: 31st (yards), 32nd (points)

2020 NE: 25th (yards), 27th (points) 

Both Denver from 2008 to 2009 and St Louis from 2010 to 2011 showed regression in both points and yards from the year prior when they were coached/coordinated by someone else. 

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

He’s “highly viewed” because the NE group has a ton of media sycophants who boost their guys all over the place all the time.

Other than Flores (who’s not even two seasons in) every Patriot assistant who has gotten a HC job has not only crashed and burned but has done so in spectacularly embarrassing fashion and left whatever franchise they were with worse off than when they arrived. Owners sooner or later should be able to recognize the trend. 

Furthermore, here are the offensive ranks of McDaniels-coached offenses in seasons where he hasn’t had Tom Brady as his QB. 

2008 NE: 5th (yards), 8th (points)

2009 DEN: 15th (yards), 20th (points)

2010 DEN: 13th (yards), 19th (points)

2011 STL: 31st (yards), 32nd (points)

2020 NE: 25th (yards), 27th (points) 

Both Denver from 2008 to 2009 and St Louis from 2010 to 2011 showed regression in both points and yards from the year prior when they were coached/coordinated by someone else. 

The Jaguars have Trevor Lawrence in the bag. This isn't him having Tebow/Orton (yes, I realize he was part of bringing Tebow in) or an over the hill Cam Newton.

McDaniels has his questions/issues. Not going to act like if we hire him I'd have my reservations. But again, Ballard had his selection of pretty much anyone and they ended up on McDaniels as well before having to change direction when he passed. He's going to get a gig when he wants one.

Also Joe Judge looks to me like he's going to be a terrific coach as well from the Belichek tree. But yes, I am aware of the failures.