Jump to content
X_Factor_40

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Not for the Browns I dont think.

They had a very strong second half, Mayfield was putting up great numbers and excelled in a leadership role, good supporting cast, solid defense.

 

Yeah I think it would have been a better situation for him. They are just saying on the radio down here that it was raiders or bust with AB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Not for the Browns I dont think.

They had a very strong second half, Mayfield was putting up great numbers and excelled in a leadership role, good supporting cast, solid defense.

 

And rival of his former team.  Which is also likely why they didn't even listen to offers from them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

Browns get OBJ. Absolutely stacked team.

And now they are signing Earl Thomas?

Whats the rule with being a fan-after 30+ years of supporting crap you are allowed to jump ship to another team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lionized said:

AB would have said he was going to retire. Just like he did to Buffalo. 

Yeah, He wanted to go where he wanted to go. He mentioned he didn't "Need" football which, turned me off immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah, He wanted to go where he wanted to go. He mentioned he didn't "Need" football which, turned me off immediately. 

I think the only place he wanted to go was OAK. He really forced PITs hands. It will be interesting to see if future players do this as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

I think the only place he wanted to go was OAK. He really forced PITs hands. It will be interesting to see if future players do this as well.

Hopefully they can work something out when the league and players union come together 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Hopefully they can work something out when the league and players union come together 

I mean Steelers had the option to take the cap hit, suspended him, and cost him money. Possibly force a retirement. 

They just moved him for something vs keeping him for nothing. I might of let him cry if I owned the team but the owner did what he thought was best. 

Edited by SimbaWho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think AB refused to play in Buffalo. I believe that the Steeler's would have jumped all over that negative PR after they traded him to the Raiders for peanuts if it were the case. The entire storyline of him refusing to go to Buffalo was because a bunch of junk reporters jumped the gun and reported a 2 day old dead trade as if it were breaking news. Nobody in the industry with any credibility has said anything about it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

And Michael Fulmer needing Tommy John surgery is why every Tigers fan called Al Avila an idiot for not trading him during a total rebuild

Well this certainly doesn’t help matters. You’re right, he should’ve been traded. I was looking at the Tigers today. Things look pretty darned bleak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s not to like about the Tigers?

Aging superstar Cabrera, wasting prime years of Castellanos, a couple of younger players who will be above average at best, mon existent farm system, terrible pitching and no long term answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

What’s not to like about the Tigers?

Aging superstar Cabrera, wasting prime years of Castellanos, a couple of younger players who will be above average at best, mon existent farm system, terrible pitching and no long term answers.

You forget to mention the pitch stylings of Zimmerman. 

I haven’t actually checked but Cabrera and Zimmerman must account for almost half the Tigers payroll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

You forget to mention the pitch stylings of Zimmerman. 

I haven’t actually checked but Cabrera and Zimmerman must account for almost half the Tigers payroll.

Cabrera and Zimmerman account for roughly 51% of their payroll according to spotrac. We still have another year after this one of paying Zimmerman 25 mil and 4 years of paying Cabrera 30-32 mil.

Oh and Verlander and Prince Fielder still account for 13% or their payroll lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather be paying Verlander to play for the Astros than Zimmermann to pitch for Detroit.

Those contracts really don't matter to us as fans though. Our farm is still so bad that we're nowhere close to competing, so it's not like we'd be using that money elsewhere anyway. 100 losses is 100 losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×