Jump to content

The Lions Den: The Anything Thread


X_Factor_40

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, General Tso said:

Watching the KC game makes me wish we had an outdoor stadium. Having that weather advantage can win games by itself.

Except Goff is trash outdoors, especially in cold weather.  Not to mention it’s Only and advantage if you play a warm weather team.  Even playing MN outdoors isn’t an advantage because they can practice outdoors to prepare.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Watching that game made me glad we don’t. 

 

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Except Goff is trash outdoors, especially in cold weather.  Not to mention it’s Only and advantage if you play a warm weather team.  Even playing MN outdoors isn’t an advantage because they can practice outdoors to prepare.  

Goff will not be here forever.

It's not exactly a disadvantage to the team if you know you play outdoors; you would build your team to play for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

One interesting question after watching the Chiefs:  Do you think we should pursue L'Jarius Sneed in free agency?  

I’d take Sneed. Should have a chip on his shoulder after this season. Also wouldn’t mind going hard after Jaylon Johnson. I don’t think he and the Bears have a good relationship. He wanted a contract last offseason and then wanted to be traded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I’d take Sneed. Should have a chip on his shoulder after this season. Also wouldn’t mind going hard after Jaylon Johnson. I don’t think he and the Bears have a good relationship. He wanted a contract last offseason and then wanted to be traded. 

Jaylon Johnson reportedly wants to reset the market for CBs.  I am not sure Brad Holmes would do that for free agent from outside the organization.  CBs that coming from a Spagnuolo defense haven't always been good with other teams.  Sneed should break that mold but be a little less expensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2024 at 6:57 PM, Just Want A Title said:

Tell that to Terry McClaurin from the Commanders.  

Terry McLaurin was a quiet college WR at OSU that was drafted in the middle rounds and developed to earn himself a big second contract.  I’d say he did quite well for himself. He had zero expectation of being even close to as good as he has been. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martha and Sheila really turned this thing around. They got a lot of credit locally, but I wish the national crowd understood how much they've accomplished in such a short time considering how inept the men in the family were for 50+ years. It would be like the commanders going from Snyder to Kraft but nobody understands because it's the same family.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Martha and Sheila really turned this thing around. They got a lot of credit locally, but I wish the national crowd understood how much they've accomplished in such a short time considering how inept the men in the family were for 50+ years. It would be like the commanders going from Snyder to Kraft but nobody understands because it's the same family.

I feel like national people don't know enough about owners that aren't in the media all the time.  It seems like when talking about the Panthers HC opening and asking who wants to work for that owner that they could mention how SFH took over and quietly works in the background, hiring people to do the things she is not a master at and supports them where needed.  She stays out of the decisions but asks good questions on why or what the plan is without thinking she is the smartest in the room.  Such a perfect leader that has built the culture to allow the team to succeed.  So many good chances for her to get her flowers lately and nobody mentions it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...