Bounced in the first round:

D’Andre Swift- Philly?

Bruce Irvin- Miami

Riley Patterson- Cleveland 

Still alive:

Isaiah Buggs- KC

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

So Buggs got a ring! I forgot about that. Obviously things didn't work out here, but you gotta be happy for him.

He kind of threw his Lions teammates under the bus on his way out. 

He's got his ring but I'm not going to cheer for him in the same way that I did for Stafford or even if someone like Marvin Jones did. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

He kind of threw his Lions teammates under the bus on his way out. 

He's got his ring but I'm not going to cheer for him in the same way that I did for Stafford or even if someone like Marvin Jones did. 

I missed it, what did he do?

On 2/16/2024 at 9:39 AM, Nnivolcm said:

I missed it, what did he do?

I forget the wording, he edited the original version, but something along the lines of going to team that can win and wants him. Lions fans took exception to it and he edited it. He also posted multiple tweets thanking the city, fans and org. There was obviously something going on between him and the team. 

On 2/17/2024 at 11:08 AM, Louis Friend said:

I forget the wording, he edited the original version, but something along the lines of going to team that can win and wants him. Lions fans took exception to it and he edited it. He also posted multiple tweets thanking the city, fans and org. There was obviously something going on between him and the team. 

It was something about finally getting to play with some 'dawgs' [sp], which many took as a shot at his former teammates. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/isaiah_buggs_angers_lions_fans_about_time_im_around_real_dawgs/s1_16673_39813133

"Boy When I Tell You This Team Is Litty,"

"God Placed Me in Kansas For A Reason. Bout Time I'm Around Some Real Dawgs. Dubbbb First Playoff Win In My Career." 

^^^This is the quote. 

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

It was something about finally getting to play with some 'dawgs' [sp], which many took as a shot at his former teammates. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/isaiah_buggs_angers_lions_fans_about_time_im_around_real_dawgs/s1_16673_39813133

^^^This is the quote. 

The details of what happened between Buggs and the coaching staff is gonna be one of the unsolved mysteries of the 2023 season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

The details of what happened between Buggs and the coaching staff is gonna be one of the unsolved mysteries of the 2023 season. 

I think the general story is the Buggs broke up with his GF, was depressed and kinda spiraled. He didn't work like the Lions wanted and showed up out of shape, which management obviously didn't like. They benched him. He took that as a sign of unfaithfulness. Now his girl and his team aren't supporting him and he didn't take it well. That's why he kept harping on about not being wanted etc.

This is not canon, just speculation

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I think the general story is the Buggs broke up with his GF, was depressed and kinda spiraled. He didn't work like the Lions wanted and showed up out of shape, which management obviously didn't like. They benched him. He took that as a sign of unfaithfulness. Now his girl and his team aren't supporting him and he didn't take it well. That's why he kept harping on about not being wanted etc.

This is not canon, just speculation

Have you heard this gf story somewhere? That's the first time I've heard of it but wouldn't necessarily be out to lunch either.

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

It’s nice to see the Red Wings are back in the mix. Larkin has grown into a legit first line centre.

Lyon has been a nice bright spot at G but still would be nice to find an upgrade to him. The Wings have a couple prospects playing well and hopefully Cossa can get a shot late this year or next.  Looks like we could also still use some more defensemen to help the goalies out.  I don't watch often but follow whats happening and if they make the playoffs I will definitely jump on board again.  Hockey has always been my bandwagon sport.  

• Like 1