Week 12 GDT: Cowboys @ WFT - Sink or Swim?

D82

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im with you. No team can lose this many key players and still hope to win. What sucks most though are these games we arent even competitive. Though we were mostly in this one until the 4th.

This part is troubling, but then again when you're down to 3rd and 4th stringers and numerous backups, I guess I can't be completely taken back by it either. 

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

My biggest thing is the reluctance to change. No reason Nolan should still have a job,

Nolan sorta fits under the same umbrella as MM to me.

If there is one thing I would knock team for it's allowing Jaylon Smith to continue seeing the field. He is quite simply put awful. @Nextyearfordaboyz hit the nail on the head, he's pretty much a fraud in every sense of the word. I could also say the same for Zeke in much lesser terms. Maybe he's breaking down already, idk, but he's a longs ways away from what he was 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Yeah, Dak at $40M a year is not cool.  Dak at $25M is cool.  Let’s not forget Dalton has led us to more wins than Dak this year.  Dalton actually beat a decent team.  Dak needed a miracle to beat a sucky team.

lmao. 4-6 Vikings "decent team". 3-7 Falcons "sucky team". 

Dak - starter/played more snaps in 2 wins

Dalton - starter for 1 win, played less snaps in the other win

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

meh. no reason to fire first year coaches mid season. To knee jerk for my liking. 

Well, Jimmy Johnson won a single game his 1st year with the club. Ironically it was against Washington.  Wonder how his career turned out???

7 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Well, Jimmy Johnson won a single game his 1st year with the club. Ironically it was against Washington.  Wonder how his career turned out???

The thing with Jimmy is he was taking over a team that had been on the downswing. They had a decent QB but a lot of veterans near the end of their careers. He had to cut a lot of fat - and he did it.

McCarthy is putting up with the likes of Nolan as DC because he's a friend. Jaylon Smith still sees the field. Terrence Steele was getting snaps at RT because the team was reluctant to start Connor McGovern because he wasn't one of "their" guys. Tyrone Crawford was seeing the field on run downs when he was a hazard. Darian Thompson started over Donovan Wilson. Ezekiel Elliott was getting more playing time than Pollard. I could go on. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

The thing with Jimmy is he was taking over a team that had been on the downswing. They had a decent QB but a lot of veterans near the end of their careers. He had to cut a lot of fat - and he did it.

McCarthy is putting up with the likes of Nolan as DC because he's a friend. Jaylon Smith still sees the field. Terrence Steele was getting snaps at RT because the team was reluctant to start Connor McGovern because he wasn't one of "their" guys. Tyrone Crawford was seeing the field on run downs when he was a hazard. Darian Thompson started over Donovan Wilson. Ezekiel Elliott was getting more playing time than Pollard. I could go on. 

So you are saying MM is playing favorites over better players???

On 11/27/2020 at 6:04 AM, D82 said:

In this whole diatribe, the only player that could reasonably be called “their guy” is Steele. Jaylon, Crawford, Thompson, and Zeke were all from the previous regime. Meanwhile they cut Poe and Worley, traded Griffin, and won’t even put Reggie Robinson on the active roster. All of those guys should have been “MM’s guys”

We had a shortened offseason with no preseason games with an almost entirely new coaching staff. It’s not unreasonable that it’s taking some time to figure out who fits. It did take them a while to go away from Steele and Thompson, but they did eventually. Now Jaylon is starting to come off the field for entire drives. They are figuring the roster out. 

I think there are a lot of reasonable complaints about MM and the coaching staff so far. But I don’t find the “playing favorites” argument to hold a lot of water.