thanksgiving special game 2: WFT vs WTF

Malfatron

Thankgiving Special Game: battle for the East...Footbal Team vs Cowboys  

31 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

More than likely, I think you're right.  I've just been thinking about jumping ship from the Vikings after my 50th year of watching them never get the job done.  Nothing against the Jets.  I've just been planning to retire down south somewhere in a few years, so one of those teams could be a team I might be cheering for anyway. 

I don't think you want the pain of being a Cowboys fan. Do so at your own peril lol

Just now, Tony7188 said:

I don't think you want the pain of being a Cowboys fan. Do so at your own peril lol

I'm used to the Vikings.  I can take anything the Cowboys could possibly dish out.  I'm old enough to remember two different eras of greatness in Big D.  You have had a long drought, but I just don't see a franchise with a history like yours staying down forever.  I'm not so sure about the Vikings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

How about an upgrade at the QB position, a lot of cap space from the savings, and the smaller king's ransom you would get in trade for Dak?

The only possibility of moving on from Dak that I would have been okay with is:

1. Trevor

2. Trading Dak

But that was always highly unlikely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

More than likely, I think you're right.  I've just been thinking about jumping ship from the Vikings after my 50th year of watching them never get the job done.  Nothing against the Jets.  I've just been planning to retire down south somewhere in a few years, so one of those teams could be a team I might be cheering for anyway. 

You definitely won't be shoveling snow down this way, buddy.  Plus, not to assume property values up there or your preferences, but if you come to a place in, say, small town South Carolina you can live like a king based off relative house prices alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilenFroggen said:

You definitely won't be shoveling snow down this way, buddy.  Plus, not to assume property values up there or your preferences, but if you come to a place in, say, small town South Carolina you can live like a king based off relative house prices alone.

That's definitely something to think about.  There are some really nice areas down in that part of the country.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I remember watching one of Anthony Bourdain's (RIP ) shows on Houston and it was pretty interesting.

Was this the episode he was at Himalaya? That place is amazing, some of the best Indian/Pakistani food I've ever had anywhere...

Yeah, but I just spent like the past 30 minutes watching and skimming through that Houston episode and I couldn't find the part with Himalaya, but if you google you'll clearly see lots of articles from Houston publications/sites that talk about Himalaya being one of the places he ate at which is weird. Maybe its in that episode and I just couldn't find it, but I spent a long time going through the video and couldn't find it. Weird.

I'll add Himalaya to my Yelp bookmarks for Texas though. I've gotten Indian food a few times before, because there is a good amount of Indian restaurants in California, but never had Pakistani. Their Hunter's beef sounds interesting which is like the Pakistani version of corned beef or pastrami it sounds like. I'm Irish and am very familiar with the taste of corned beef as I've had it almost every St. Patrick's day lol. It supposedly is accompanied with a special mustard sauce and I'm a big mustard fan.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

Redskins beat the eagles again for sure. Gonna need a solid dallas loss to get this top 5 pick. 

We can hope, but we are still in this divisional race.... unfortunately. No team is out of it yet.

But, I'm more hopeful now that we can get a high pick than I was after we beat the Bengals/49ers and played the Steelers and Ravens pretty close.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We can hope, but we are still in this divisional race.... unfortunately. No team is out of it yet.

But, I'm more hopeful now that we can get a high pick than I was after we beat the Bengals/49ers and played the Steelers and Ravens pretty close.

I dont think we're in it we might be the worst of the 4 teams.