From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

25 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Dunno. But like you said, I wouldn't get hopes for anything. Trading down takes someone wanting to come up.

I think there is a good chance we would have some suitors wanting to come up. If a team in the top half of the draft doesn't get the QB they want at their pick, I could see someone trying to move up into the 25-30 range to take a QB and get that 5th year option.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Few things from the guy of the guy.  Apparently Nothing really definitive or breaking. But here it is. 

1. Robinson is more inclined to drop back in the first a few picks. Feeling is the player he can get at 25 will be the same at 30. 

2. From the visits, alot of the guys brought in impressed and seemed to be able to fit in. nobody stood out though, like in years past. 

3. Vrabel's knowledge of LBs and expertise really shows. We are going to get the right one and a good one. 

4.  Robinson really would like to trade down. 

5. Pick at #25 if stay there is wide open. Everything is possible. 

That spells disappointing draft to many fans.  If this is accurate, it sounds like we don't really have someone we're excited about slipping to 25.  Nobody stood out in the visits?  Ouch.  In that case, I hope we do trade down and it may even be out of round 1 since it won't make a whole lot of sense for someone in the 26-32 slot to give up something significant just to jump up to 25.

#3 sounds sketchy to me.  I have no reason to doubt Vrabel's ability to see talent at the LB position, but #1, #2 and #4 all indicate that there's no one that he's really in love with at LB.  

Honestly, after reading #1, my first reaction was "That sounds like Sweat."  

56 minutes ago, titanrick said:

That spells disappointing draft to many fans.  If this is accurate, it sounds like we don't really have someone we're excited about slipping to 25.  Nobody stood out in the visits?  Ouch.  In that case, I hope we do trade down and it may even be out of round 1 since it won't make a whole lot of sense for someone in the 26-32 slot to give up something significant just to jump up to 25.

#3 sounds sketchy to me.  I have no reason to doubt Vrabel's ability to see talent at the LB position, but #1, #2 and #4 all indicate that there's no one that he's really in love with at LB.  

Nobody standing out, I didn't take as a negative. Not to say he doesn't like anyone but to the observer like " the guy" nobody had that electric personality that says he is a must get. 

I would think it would have been that way for Conklin. Didn't wow anyone but a good get. 

They might love someone at #25. But from the guy view point nobody came in and stood out as must have

1 hour ago, titanrick said:

I actually take 3 as a positive... understanding that the best fit or even best value doesn't automatically equate a 1st rounder.  I think most of us agree that LBer is our biggest need, whether it be an edge guy or an inside guy. Vrabel may see that a 2nd or 3rd round prospect may be the best fit, and will wait to pick that player at a more appropriate spot based on the "market" as opposed to reaching for someone earlier just because some feel he has the best upside, etc. 

One guy that I really like, and that I'm trying to temper my affinity for is Malik Jefferson.  He's got some outstanding traits and potential... but he's never put it together.  Vrabel's insight may be that he's an athlete who doesn't and won't ever develop the skills necessary to become a great LBer.  Or maybe he drops on some boards, based on that, and Vrabel sees a guy who can be coached... who has what it takes to be a successful NFL LBer with some guidance.  Maybe it means he takes his best LBer in the 2nd... or maybe even the 3rd. 

I like that... whether it's an ILB or OLB... it happens to fit in with what our biggest needs appear to be this year.  JRob and the scouting department seem to be doing a good job identifying these guys... whether its early guys like Conklin, Henry, Jackson, etc... or later guys like Byard, Sims, Brown, etc. 

There's still a few guys I really like in the 1st that I just don't think will slide.. Edmunds being the main guy.  But Justin Reid has become my top guy in the range we're picking... he seems to offer that versatility that JRob has discussed before, and certainly what Vrabel has touched on this offseason.  I understand some may value him a few picks lower (10 or so)... but I'd be perfectly fine taking him at 25, and would be ecstatic if we picked up an extra 2nd rounder and still ended up with him.  He's not the only guy I think would fit... Evans, Bryan, etc... even Nwosu (another guy who offers flexibility, this time from a LB spot) I'd be ok with after a trade down. 

I still don't see what some of you see in Sweat. Maybe based soley on talent, he's a 1st rounder... but I honestly think he's more of a 3rd round guy, maaaaybe late 2nd... too much risk IMO to justify a 1st or early 2nd. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nobody standing out, I didn't take as a negative. Not to say he doesn't like anyone but to the observer like " the guy" nobody had that electric personality that says he is a must get. 

I would think it would have been that way for Conklin. Didn't wow anyone but a good get. 

They might love someone at #25. But from the guy view point nobody came in and stood out as must have

There's gotta be someone that stands out that he just doesn't believe will fall within range to make the move up without giving up the farm.  Maybe it's Edmunds, maybe Fitzpatrick or James, or even someone like Landry (he's a big wild card for me... could be in some teams' top 12, could be an early 2nd round guy to others).  There's gotta be someone who stood out that he just doesn't feel he has a shot at. 

• Like 1

I think they know they are either reaching for someone at 25 or picking BPA and it doesnt sound like either one is ideal. Then again...you know trading up is a possibility...if someone is high enough on their board and its doable I could see J Rob pulling the trigger. As much as I hate the idea of giving up draft equity...it could be the best option...I know the Eagles did it and they were able to replace much of what they gave away to move and get Wentz. Its not likely but its an option for us.

You guys took what KingTitan said and thought it meant trade down...I read that and think they want to trade up.

Edited by capton_cutclass

16 minutes ago, capton_cutclass said:

I think they know they are either reaching for someone at 25 or picking BPA and it doesnt sound like either one is ideal. Then again...you know trading up is a possibility...if someone is high enough on their board and its doable I could see J Rob pulling the trigger. As much as I hate the idea of giving up draft equity...it could be the best option...I know the Eagles did it and they were able to replace much of what they gave away to move and get Wentz. Its not likely but its an option for us.

You guys took what KingTitan said and thought it meant trade down...I read that and think they want to trade up.

I have serious concerns over your reading comprehension abilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capton_cutclass said:

what? All I was saying is that it could mean they want to trade up...I know its going out on a limb but its not that crazy.

Point 1 is Robinson is more inclined to trade back

Point 4 is Robinson would really like to trade back

lol

3 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Point 1 is Robinson is more inclined to trade back

Point 4 is Robinson would really like to trade back

lol

You know they all say the same thing every year right? Who doesnt say theyd like to trade down. You always say that right up until the second you make the trade up. IDK saying nobody at 25 jumps out at you tells me they are looking at someone specific and they want to get them. They "fell in love" with someone they arent sure if we will be able to get.

Edited by capton_cutclass

Just now, capton_cutclass said:

You know they all say the same thing every year right? Who doesnt say theyd like to trade down. You always say that right up until the second you make the trade up. IDK saying nobody at 25 jumps out at you tells me they are looking at someone specific and they want to get them. They "fell in love" with someone they arent sure if we will be able to get.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm saying it's impossible to get that from KT's post.

5 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

But this isn't an agent leak or anything with the media. This is our one true insider.

And we have no capital worth giving up to move up. My guess is we stick at 25 unless Mayfield has a bong video drop around pick #3 and free falls.

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

But this isn't an agent leak or anything with the media. This is our one true insider.

I dont doubt hes an insider which makes it more likely that its just them putting disinfo out there. Other teams will read that post he made...probably some already have...My point is its draft week I dont believe anything im told. I could buy some of what he said like they arent liking anyone at 25...that probably no big secret to other NFL teams...but the rest of it is irrelevant to me. TRADE UP you heard it here first...