From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I'll put it this way, there's not a single pass rusher or linebacker available in FA, that would make me feel comfortable enough about this defense to forego one of those positions in the draft.

And Henry is ready to be a feature back. 

The only thing he doesn' do particularly well is pass protection on 3rd down. And I don't think anybody is factoring that in when they rank their top options to compliment Henry.

Well, pass rusher I do get your point, though I don't think there shouldn't be that many solid options for us when we pick at 25 either and with two starters still on roster, I don't think I value it as that big of a need to start reaching for someone when it just isn't the case.

But there are plenty of serviceable options to play inside in the FA. From the veteran names, to the likes of Zach Brown (yes, I'd like him back if we can get him), Preston Brown, Demario and Todd Davis, Bradham if they think he can play in a more 3-4 defense.

And again, I disagree about Henry being ready to be the main guy. From pass protection, to pass catching, to running between the tackles, I think there are reasons to question his ability to be the featured back that go beyond his blocking, and I just don't think he's that good of a runner to be an effective workhorse. But not to take this any further, with the fortune of not having that many pressing needs this year (again, depending on what they do with Kline and considering we do still have starters on both edges), we might just afford to make a luxury pick and select either Guice or Jones (whoever is there, whoever they like best), especially considering either one just might be the best player left on the board when we pick.

Edited by Andrei01

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

The Guy of the Guy has emerged with his first rumor....

Dion Lewis is one the Titans top targets.

Word is Butler is looking at least $13-14 Million a year. Not sure how hot the Titans are on him.

Props to the Guy "a little" for knowing the Titans were talking to Butler and I guess we talked him "down?" lol   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

The Guy did mention the Malcom Butler thing earlier I’m still hoping for Lewis

I take pride in the Guy being right.  lol Don't know why. But I do. lol

If we sign Lewis, the whole "trying to be the Patriots thing" will be stronger than it already is.

We went through our trying to be like the Steelers phase, now trying the Patriots I guess. lol

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I take pride in the Guy being right.  lol Don't know why. But I do. lol

If we sign Lewis, the whole "trying to be the Patriots thing" will be stronger than it already is.

We went through our trying to be like the Steelers phase, now trying the Patriots I guess. lol

Think I would've just lead with trying to be the Pats personally ?

3 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I get that we want to sign him... But I don't think seeing that he's favoriting tweets from/about former teammates is a sign that we have any sort of lead or anything...

I don’t think it means anything either. The guy of the guy already hit on Butler and did mention Lewis being on their radar that’s why I keep saying I hope we sign Lewis

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

Well, pass rusher I do get your point, though I don't think there shouldn't be that many solid options for us when we pick at 25 either and with two starters still on roster, I don't think I value it as that big of a need to start reaching for someone when it just isn't the case.

But there are plenty of serviceable options to play inside in the FA. From the veteran names, to the likes of Zach Brown (yes, I'd like him back if we can get him), Preston Brown, Demario and Todd Davis, Bradham if they think he can play in a more 3-4 defense.

And again, I disagree about Henry being ready to be the main guy. From pass protection, to pass catching, to running between the tackles, I think there are reasons to question his ability to be the featured back that go beyond his blocking, and I just don't think he's that good of a runner to be an effective workhorse. But not to take this any further, with the fortune of not having that many pressing needs this year (again, depending on what they do with Kline and considering we do still have starters on both edges), we might just afford to make a luxury pick and select either Guice or Jones (whoever is there, whoever they like best), especially considering either one just might be the best player left on the board when we pick.

As far as Henry goes. You're likely alone in that assessment. Not sure how you can watch the Derrick Henry we saw last year and say, 'Nah he aint that good' We'll have to agree to disagree.

As far as pass rushers go, Yea we have two starters, but we have two starters in the last years of their deals, both on the wrong side of 30, and both are injury prone. So it is IMPARITIVE that they find someone to groom going into next season. You can't be here next year needing to replace both starting OLBs. I don't see how you can argue against taking a pass rusher cause we have two old ones, but for rb even though we have a supremely capable young one.

As far as LBs go. Look every one is down on Williamson cause he's bad in coverage (Ive rang that bell for years), but I stop at just assuming that the things he does bring are easily replaceable. The  guy does alot of the dirty work at ILB. You can EASILY downgrade from Avery Williamson. Not to mention that position is in similar flux. Woodyard will be 32 when the season starts. They need young talent infused into the LB core all round. The front seven has been neglected for too long

There is no need for a 1st or even 2nd round RB. If anything the zone scheme will help Henry because he wont have to dance as much in the backfield. Find your hole and get down field. In an offense that wants to emphasize spreading teams out. Having Derrick Henry running downhill at your dime package are the things dreams are made of.

14 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

As far as Henry goes. You're likely alone in that assessment. Not sure how you can watch the Derrick Henry we saw last year and say, 'Nah he aint that good' We'll have to agree to disagree.

As far as pass rushers go, Yea we have two starters, but we have two starters in the last years of their deals, both on the wrong side of 30, and both are injury prone. So it is IMPARITIVE that they find someone to groom going into next season. You can't be here next year needing to replace both starting OLBs. I don't see how you can argue against taking a pass rusher cause we have two old ones, but for rb even though we have a supremely capable young one.

As far as LBs go. Look every one is down on Williamson cause he's bad in coverage (Ive rang that bell for years), but I stop at just assuming that the things he does bring are easily replaceable. The  guy does alot of the dirty work at ILB. You can EASILY downgrade from Avery Williamson. Not to mention that position is in similar flux. Woodyard will be 32 when the season starts. They need young talent infused into the LB core all round. The front seven has been neglected for too long

There is no need for a 1st or even 2nd round RB. If anything the zone scheme will help Henry because he wont have to dance as much in the backfield. Find your hole and get down field. In an offense that wants to emphasize spreading teams out. Having Derrick Henry running downhill at your dime package are the things dreams are made of.

Its all fine identifying your needs, but the draft doesn't typically work out the way we think it is. Vander Esh (sp?) would be great at 25 but maybe he doesn't make it... Landry maybe isn't there... And all of a sudden you're left reaching for a player at a position when a better value is sitting there. 

Need has to play a part, but I'm all about BPA in the first few rounds of the draft. JRob can try to move up or down based on what's happening in the draft... Try to match that need with BPA... But he's not going to force a need just to force it.

Spending a high pick at a position doesn't guarantee success (Dodd)... And if we're trying to force it, chances of failure increase. 

There's still a lot of FA left as well as workouts/off season. But by the looks of it, I'm not a fan of the pass rusher value at that spot in the 1st. There's a couple ILB that are intriguing, a RB I love there, a safety, some DL, heck, even a G.

Pass rusher is definitely a need thats coming quickly, but we've set up a roster without any drastic needs. It sets up nicely to go with BPA and start stockpiling talent regardless of position (for the most part).

40 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I get that we want to sign him... But I don't think seeing that he's favoriting tweets from/about former teammates is a sign that we have any sort of lead or anything...

But he's never favorited anything like those tweets before with other former teammates signing or tweeting anything....

Therefore the only logical conclusion is he will only play for the Titans and will accept the league minimum just for the opportunity to join such a prestigious franchise. Thank you, Dion!

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Its all fine identifying your needs, but the draft doesn't typically work out the way we think it is. Vander Esh (sp?) would be great at 25 but maybe he doesn't make it... Landry maybe isn't there... And all of a sudden you're left reaching for a player at a position when a better value is sitting there. 

Need has to play a part, but I'm all about BPA in the first few rounds of the draft. JRob can try to move up or down based on what's happening in the draft... Try to match that need with BPA... But he's not going to force a need just to force it.

Spending a high pick at a position doesn't guarantee success (Dodd)... And if we're trying to force it, chances of failure increase. 

There's still a lot of FA left as well as workouts/off season. But by the looks of it, I'm not a fan of the pass rusher value at that spot in the 1st. There's a couple ILB that are intriguing, a RB I love there, a safety, some DL, heck, even a G.

Pass rusher is definitely a need thats coming quickly, but we've set up a roster without any drastic needs. It sets up nicely to go with BPA and start stockpiling talent regardless of position (for the most part).

Here's my thing though. Robinson has shown in multiple situations that he will target a guy and trade to get him. He did it with Conklin, he did it with Taywan Taylor. I have a strong inkling that he will target someone for this front seven and I would not be surprised to see us trade up to get the front seven player he covets particularly if there's a early run on the position. I could also see Dline and center, not guard, being considered as well if the value falls right on those positions. 

But I can't see us taking a running back at #25. Not on luxury. Not with RB class as deep as it is. And a relative strong RB class. (Several teams have already grabbed backs and Lewis and McKinnon are still around). You only take a round 1 RB if you're done with Henry. And if that's the case, might as well move him now for a pick. 

Also, depending on personal opinion of the draft picks. One could argue JRob has drafted need with all of his 1st round picks. in 2016 we had a need at tackle, he got in position to take his top tackle. Last year we needed a #1 WR and a starter at corner. He got what he thought was the top WR and corner on his board. But we're those guys truly the best players available when they were taken? I think that's a healthy debate. I do think there's some merit to saying JRob drafts need in the early rounds.