From "The Guy of the Guy"

KingTitan

4 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I'm praaaaaying it's not a WR. I could live with Latham if they really liked him and maybe they thought of him as good value for a top 10 pick, but forcing a WR here is really not necessary, unless McConkey is still there or the Mitchell stuff is a smoke screen. Any other name and it's a big mistake IMO.  

Like always, I think it depends on their board. Without seeing it, hard to know where they value people. Just know that like Wilson a lot. 

Obviously these guys know their business and understand how to assess these guys, so if they like Wilson I am ecstatic being a UM fan. We do have tons of needs but a slight reach for someone that fits the vision/culture we are trying to convert to is fine...especially since we don't have a 3rd. 

16 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

I just want them to take the best player on their board. We still need someone at literally every position

Agreed.  We can satisfy an immediate need drafting *deep breath* nose tackle, defensive end, edge, inside linebacker, corner, or safety.  We could satisfy a future need drafting wide receiver, offensive tackle, or guard.

Newton and DeJean stand out to me.  Newton especially.  DT is an immediate need, and he's the best player on the board for me.  I had him 13th on my overall BB.  Hell, I had him higher than I had JC Latham.

Cooper DeJean was at 23.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Like always, I think it depends on their board. Without seeing it, hard to know where they value people. Just know that like Wilson a lot. 

I like Wilson, too, just in no way at 38th, and without even knowing who's going where, I know for a fact there are prospects I'd rather have with what's left. 

It's crazy that Newton is still on the board, DeJean as well. Those would be dream picks. I doubt they continue to fall now that the OL and WR run should be over, but one might still dream. If we pick Wilson over either, I would literally burst into crying.

Then there's McKinstry, Colson, Cooper. There are solid prospects, some I would say are for sure 1st round grade players, some borderline. Roman Wilson is just not one of them, though.

44 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Lord, please no! :( 

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

disgusting 

I'll believe that Sweat goes anywhere in the second when I see it.  He wasn't worth 38 before he got his DUI.

Great player, but I think he's just a nose tackle.  And you can find guys that are just nose tackles very late in the draft.

• Like 2

Guy:

Boyd wanted a little more money than they were trying to give at the moment from his understanding. Not over, just revisit it soon.

They viewed JC Lathum as the best Offensive Lineman in the draft while Alt was the best OT, by a slim margin, only because he could be ready to go at LT opposed to needing an adjustment period. 

Bowser formerly with the Ravens remains someone they could bring in. 

Sweat is more than a big body. If things work out, they think he could be Haynesworth disruptive/good. 

Phillips isn't likely to make the roster. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Guy:

Boyd wanted a little more money than they were trying to give at the moment from his understanding. Not over, just revisit it soon.

They viewed JC Lathum as the best Offensive Lineman in the draft while Alt was the best OT, by a slim margin, only because he could be ready to go at LT opposed to needing an adjustment period. 

Bowser formerly with the Ravens remains someone they could bring in. 

Sweat is more than a big body. If things work out, they think he could be Haynesworth disruptive/good. 

Phillips isn't likely to make the roster. 

I was initially somewhat surprised to read that Philips isn't likely to make the roster, but it's pretty obvious/writing on the wall that he's likely to be an odd man out in the WR room

I do still think we're missing that sheer track speed in the WR room (not that Philips provided that). I know Jha’Quan Jackson can fly, so hopefully he can carve out a real role on O (which, respectfully, I don't anticipate) 

Edited by deeluxx3

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I do still think we're missing that sheer track speed in the WR room (not that Philips provided that). I know Jha’Quan Jackson can fly, so hopefully he can carve out a real role on O (which, respectfully, I don't anticipate) 

There are four guys on the roster now that I would classify as fast receivers.  Colton Dowell had a 40 time of 4.44, Jha'Quan Jackson had 4.42, Ridley had 4.43 and Tre'Shaun Harrison had a 4.41.  Ridley is going to probably be more of a workhorse than a deep threat, but he's fully capable of performing that role.

Harrison is the fastest, but as a UDFA who doesn't weigh any more than Jackson, I think he's the least likely to make the roster of the group.  But it'll all come down to who performs best in training camp.  But amongst Jackson, Dowell, and Harrison, I think Jackson has the inside edge.